The new guardian and the Warrior princess

David woke up and walked downstairs. Ashley was in the kitchen making breakfast. Mary was watching a cartoon in the sitting room and Jacob was in his office working on his designs for the new security system. After the incident with the photon bombs, Jacob decided to quit from his position at NEWTECH and bought 13% of the company's shares. He was planning on presenting his model security system designs as part of the replacement projects. The UN in collaboration with every government and international organization agreed on limiting weapon usage. No private business was to be allowed to produce any weapon or military vehicle. This made several companies, NEWTECH included, to lose a lot of money. NEWTECH's replacement plan was meant to cover these losses.

David walked to kitchen. "Good morning mom!" he said yawning. "What time is it?"

"Good morning David. 7:43am! Just hold on a little bit longer, breakfast will soon be ready"

He then walked to the sitting room "Hey sunshine how was your night?"

"It was ok. David, could you please help me out?"

"What exactly do you need help with?"

"This really annoying girl from school challenged me to a match. I beat her at a race but she wants a rematch. This time we're playing a two-man team online game."

"What game would that be?"

"Zombie showdown"

"Zombie showdown? Aren't you a little too young for that game?"

"You're the one to talk. You started playing Blood Castle when you were still 5."

"That's no reason for you to imitate me."

"Please David! I really need a teammate and I already promised her that my brother and I are going to shoot the zombie out of her."

"I just told you, you're too young for that stuff. Why don't you pick something your age?"

"If you don't help me, I'll tell dad you took a peek at his secret documents"

"What... Ok, go ahead and tell him. He won't get that mad"

"Then how about I tell mom you were the one who broke her $10000 one of kind statue of the 2843 gorger."

"Huh... well, who can say no when you ask so nicely."

"Great! By the way, the game's at 9am."

By 10am, David was at the IDPU. Captain Joshua walked to David. "David, I have something I think you might like."

"What is that?"

"You're going to the Shikke Temple to improve your guardian skills."

"Really? At last. You don't know how long I've waited for this."

"I didn't think you were ready for this. At least not until you destroyed thousands of enemy ships with one strike"

"That was unintentional"

"I know and that's what kept me thinking. What if one day the power surges up again and destroys Ming? So I decided to send you to Shikke to learn how to use that power."

"Thank you captain, I'll do my best."

David got home at 6pm just to find his mom sited on the couch impatiently waiting for someone

"Don't tell me I'm the one you're waiting for so impatiently"

"No, it's your sister"

"Mary! What did she do?"

"She hired a personal driver and left home at 4pm."

"Is that the problem? I must say for a moment there you got me worried. You should go take some rest, Mary does this all the time"