Questions: Guarde

David: "Who am I? What is my purpose? Does my existence make the difference I once thought it did? Am I a savior or just another puppet?" These questions kept on repeating themselves in David's head as the StarEdge flew through space. David was lying on his bed, trying to figure out the answers he so desperately wanted but to no avail.

Gladys: "We are now entering Lothner's atmosphere. You should request landing from the station"

Lothner was a small planet in the Nonal system, located in the western part of the Mul galaxy. It was still a free planet from Magnus as Magnus paid no regard for planets that were 'worthless'. Lothner was a planet whose citizens had a great attachment to their traditions and because of this, modernization was slow. It was the most backwards planet of its galaxy.

David: "Ok" David said as he got off the bed and walked to the cockpit. He sat in front of the control panel and talked to the station below. After the communication, he pressed a few buttons and asked Gladys to land the ship. David walked out and headed into town. He stopped by at a local tavern to have a couple of drinks.

Bartender: "Aren't you a little too young to be in a place like this?"

David: "No I'm not"

Bartender: "How old are you kid?"

David: "17"

Bartender: "Listen kid, this place is very rough and that's why only those aged 30 and above can come in here"

David gave him a dead serious look in the eyes which frightened him. "I can handle myself"

Bartender: "Don't say I didn't warn you. So what will you have?"

David: "Your best drink"

Bartender: "OK, a glass for you sir. Just make sure you don't get drunk"

David got lost in his thoughts again as he drank down his glass. "Another one please"

Bartender: "Take it easy kid, the drink ain't running"

David kept on drinking and thinking until a bunch of gangsters walked into the tavern. They walked up straight to David

Gangster: "Well, well, look at what we have here. I thought this place was only for men but now we've got shrimps too"

Gang leader: "Don't pick a fight with the little men Garius" said the huge, muscular looking man behind him. The man was clearly a gangster because he had skull tattoos all over him.

Garius: "Okay Skull"

The bartender acted with caution as he didn't want these two gangsters to destroy the tavern again. But unfortunately, a drunk gangster from another gang bumped into Skull when he was about to drink his beer and the spilled all over the table. Skull got mad at this and got to his feet landing a solid punched to the drunken gangster. The beaten gangster's friends were not happy with this and so attacked Skull. Skull's gangsters in the tavern also attacked the other gangsters and a fight began. Here and there, punches and kicks were being exchanged. Brocken bottles and chairs flew through the tavern as blood was spilled. David who was still lost in his thoughts didn't realize what was happening behind him. He finished his 17th glass and asked for a refill. When the bartender didn't refill, he then noticed that the bartender was hiding under the counter.

Bartender: "Get out of here kid. Don't get caught up in this"

David: "uh... what's happening" David asked as he turned around just to get a chair broken on his face. "Ouch..." he exclaimed. David looked up again just in time to dodge a flying bottle. He then stood up and yelled in a thundery voice "ENOUGH..." The fighting stopped as everyone turned around to see where this horribly loud sound was coming from. "I hope you all have enough money to pay for the damages 'cause no one's leaving without paying off his share of what's broken in here". The gangsters looked at David with amusement. They laughed at him asking him what he was going to do. Garius walked to him pushing him about and asking what he could do. David then got a hold of Garius' hand and threw him over to the corner. A couple of skull gang members ran at him with broken bottles but he beat them all. "Everyone hand 500druls to the bartender now". Other pissed of gang members attacked him each being beat with ease. Even Skull tried to take him on but was beaten. After Skull got beat up, everyone then looked at David in silence. Garius broke walked up to the bartender and gave him 1000druls. He carried Skull and got out of there. Every gangster did the same and left. The bartender was still trying to comprehend what just happened. He was surprised that a kid would beat Skull and so many other gangsters without a problem.