The final battle: Part 2

¤¤¤VIVEN ¤¤¤

Stenpor sat by his daughter who lay in bed and was in great pain. His heart was broken because he could not do anything to ease her pain.

Stenpor: "Why did you do it? You knew about the curse and still yet you... why?"

Armistrice: "ugh... don't you think it's time you stopped being greedy, ugh *gasp*. There's more than just my life here. It's the fate of the world, *gasp*, he has to do it, *gasp* for everyone. *gasp* go check on him"

Stenpor got off his seat and walked out of the room. He walked straight into the room opposite his daughter's and turned to David who was still lying unconscious in bed. "He turned around and let out a sigh "Only 2 more days"

David: "2 days to what?"

Stenpor turned around immediately. "Praises to the heavens" he exclaimed. "Thank goodness you're alive"

David: "What happened?"

Stenpor: "You were about to die after Magnus beat you"

The pictures began to flash through David's brain. "Wait, I'm not dead"

Stenpor: "Armistrice saved you. She risked herself so you'll live... and now you have to do the same"

David: "What do you mean?"

Stenpor: "You have to beat Magnus. I know where he is... or should I say, where he will be tomorrow"

David: "I can't beat him"

Stenpor: "You have to. You have to save Armistrice"

David: "What's wrong with Armistrice?"

Stenpor: "It's a long story"

David: "I'm listening"

Stenpor: "I once fell in love"

David: "STOP! Are you kidding me? You fell in love". Stenpor glared at David "Sorry. Carry on"

Stenpor: "As I was saying, I once fell in love. It was a beautiful maiden. She was the perfect being and we united. But alas our love couldn't last for I was immortal and she was not. But before leaving, she left me a daughter. Because this daughter was the last memory I had of her, I loved her most in the world. Armistrice lived happily and like all beings, she fell in love. Gart, the guardian at the time was the man she chose. But their love could not be... because the destroyer at the time had set his eyes on her. I knew the only way to protect her was to give her to him and that was what I did. The destroyer grew jealous of Armistrice's love for Gart and placed a curse on her to stop her from ever seeing him. The curse was such that if they were ever to see each other again, Armistrice will slowly lose her life. After he died, she swore to find his reincarnation and live that love that she was deprived of. And as it happened, she saw you, and the curse kicked in"

David: "But I'm not Gart"

Stenpor: "But you are his reincarnation. Right now the only way to break the curse is..."

David: "To defeat Magnus, I know"

Stenpor: "No. it's to defeat Thanos"

David: "...now I understand. The reason you helped me... the reason you wanted me to beat Thanos... was to cure Armistrice's curse. And the reason you wanted to be the one to find her was so she wouldn't come to see me, am I right?"

Stenpor: "Yes. I know it was greedy but I had to look out for my daughter"

David: "I don't think you did wrong. You did what you thought was right and in the process, you gave us all hope. I' sorry I failed you"