The Liberation of Taskanai

It was the 2nd week after David had woken up. David had returned to his mansion on Curion Central where he repaired the StarEdge to its best condition. David found out Mary was a physician in training at the galactic hospital of Curion central while at the same time continuing with school over G-net and learning the martial arts. Being only 14 years old, this was quite remarkable. When David found out, he had a conversation with her.

David: "It's great that you can do all these at once, but are you sure you can handle it? I mean, you're still 14. You can learn some of that later after finishing school"

Mary: "It's ok David. I want to be of help to you as soon as possible. I want to travel with you and fight evil with you. In 4 years, I'll graduate and then I'll come with you on your journeys aboard the StarEdge"

David: "Well I understand but I don't want to expose you to this much danger"

Mary: "I'm the guardian's sister. Like it or not, I'm bound to be exposed to a lot of danger. And I promised Alex I'll train hard to become as strong as you the next time we meet"

David paused for a while before speaking again, "A sister like you is bound to make a brother proud. I'm proud of you Mary". Mary gave David a huge hug. "By the way, I haven't seen grace ever since we got here. Where is she?"

Mary: "She was assign to the escort that took Alex to Taskanai"

David: "You mean she's in the military?"

Mary: "Yeah! As a matter of fact, she's a 2nd lieutenant in the Curion 2nd fleet"

David: "Wow! She made it that fast up the ranks. I'm impressed"

Mary: "I forgot to tell you, a certain 'league of human protectors' contacted the mansion via the official line and wanted to talk to you"

David: "League of human protectors? Never heard of them"

Mary: "So I went on the G-net and found out that it was a league created on New Earth to protect it from any further attempt by Magnus to eradicate the human race. It's being backed by the council of Curion Central. Most interestingly, of its 7 founding members, 3 of them are members of club Grana and you won't guess who's among them"

David: "Who?"

Mary: "Jane!"

David: "Jane? You mean Morris' daughter? No way!"

Mary: "Well she did have enough money to put into the founding and her dad runs NEWTECH which is the main weapons supplier of the league"

David: "I think I'll be checking up on new earth soon"

Mary: "If you do, can you please get me some souvenirs. Now that I think about it, you've been on a journey across galaxies ad you haven't even gotten me one souvenir"

David: "Well, I had a lot on my hands"

Mary: "Never mind that, I'm just glad you made it back"

The reunion with his sister was a happy one though short lived. 2 weeks Gladys intercepted a null signal from a destroyers connected device. Null signals are made up of artificial waves known as null waves which are undetectable by any technology from the mortal realms. This was because it was made through the use of Sappin technology. Gladys was designed by David using a combination of normal and Sappin technologies.

The signal intercepted by Gladys was a 'summon of the pillars', a call made to the six pillars when something big was about to happen. According to the message on the signal, all remaining 5 pillars were to meet at the red line from where Colbert's was to be sniffed out and eliminated before he got into contact with the other person from the prophecy. This just made David realize how important it was to Magnus that they don't meet and how important it should be for him that they both meet. With this in mind David knew he had to act fast but he didn't know who the other person from the prophecy was. To find out, he decided to pay a visit to the new sage on Taskanai. After the old sage gave up his life in the mortal realm, his servant and disciple Mamred, became the new sage. Unfortunately, Taskanai had been captured by the destroyers and Mamred had moved to an unknown location. It was certain that he was still on the planet but no one knew where exactly he was, not even the army of Taskanaian restoration also known as the rebels. David and Nelly got ready to go and boarded the StarEdge.