The battle of Valhalla

Homley and the mercenaries had already made it all the way to the red line. The destroyers who had been station at the red line had reduced since Lzolis, Lushen and Meton had taken some with them when they were attacking Colbert's hideout and the replacements were still to come. Homley decided to break through using force. He led the mercenaries as they attacked the gate by surprise. They began by targeting the turrets and the hatches through which the jets were deployed. With the enemy's defenses cut down to a significantly low value, they opened fire on the guard post until they completely destroyed it. When they had razed the protection at the red line, they continued their journey towards Valhalla. Homley didn't know exactly how his father was going to react when he found out about the factory and the thought of it disturbed him. But he had made a choice and could not go back now. The war was inevitable at that point and all that was left was for them to fight back with all they had.

It took them 2 more weeks to get to Valhalla. When they got there, the Valhallan royal escort came to accompany Homley to the palace. When they got to the palace, Homley was summoned by his father. He walked through the large corridors of the palace preparing himself for what might happen next. He knocked the door to his father's room and waited for a response. The door was opened later by servants who all went out leaving Homley and his father alone. "Homley" his father started.

Homley: "Yes father"

Raziac: "Why did you condemn you people?"

Homley: "What do you mean father?" he puzzled. Could it be that the news of him destroying the factory had already reached Valhalla? He preferred not to believe that.

Raziac: "You provoked the destroyers knowing full well what their reaction would be. Not only did you break the pact Velvotto, but you also raised hell when you were breaking out. And then you attacked the Concoy factory and destroyed their outpost at the red line"

Homley was surprised at how accurate his information was. But he still didn't understand how he got to know all those things. "I have a good reason for doing those. Trust me"

Raziac: "I don't care about your reason. Gregory Mendel will be here soon. I'll have to talk him out of destroying my people. I'll even hand you over to them if I have to"

Homley: "Fathe..."

Raziac: "Silence. You've already caused enough harm. You shall remain in your quarters under strict surveillance till I say otherwise. Now be gone"

Homley: "No father, you'll have to listen to me now. How much longer are we going to leave as slaves? How much longer are your people going to die in the mines? How much longer are the ladies going to be abused by those monsters? How much longer is this empire going to be plunged into chaos? And how much longer are you, going to watch all these happen?"

Raziac: "For as long as it is necessary to keep my people alive"

Homley: "Keep your people alive? Wake up and look around you father. Your people are dying and here you are claiming your self-righteous philosophy is keeping them alive. You know more than anyone that if we don't fight back we'll be destroyed. It was only a matter of time. Listen father, I've arranged everything for the war. We have a winning chance"

Raziac: "HOMLEY!!! We shall not have this conversation again. Guards, take him to his quarters and do not let him out of your sight"

The guards took Homley and began taking him to his quarters despite his efforts to fight back

Homley: "This isn't over father. Gregory will order our eradication and it will all be on your head"

When Homley was gone, Raziac said, "Foolish child. You don't understand the burdens of the crown. Decisions shouldn't be taken on a whim. I just hope I can reason with Gregory"