The anti Magnus alliance

The battle of Valhalla was over with the Valhallans and their allies emerging victorious. The fight that at one point seemed impossible to win was won. The achievement was a great achievement indeed. The victors celebrated for days. The allies Homley had made were given a vast area on the planet to set camp and recover from their casualties. They had planned to return to their planets after 6 days but Homley insisted they stayed for additional day since that sixth day was the day scheduled for his coronation.

The day after the battle, Raziac was laid to rest amidst his ancestors in the royal tomb. The whole empire mourned their loss for 4 days. Raziac had ruled them for years with kindness. He made sure justice prevailed and above all, he loved his subjects as if they were his own children. Laying him to rest was the hardest thing they'd had to do.

The ceremony was held in the chapel before he was taken to the tomb. Friends and family members walked up to his casket saying their last words as the priest spoke from the altar. "You were a father, a brother, a cousin, an uncle and a king. You showed us the meaning of unconditional love and absolute dedication to your people. We, from the bottom of our hearts, will always remember your love for us and the sacrifices you made for us. May you rest in peace." After the ceremony, he was then taken to the royal tomb where he was buried.

David walked over to Homley who despite his attempts not to show had a tear running down his cheek.

David: "Sorry for you loss"

Homley: "Thank you. Thanks again for coming to our aid. We wouldn't have won the fight if it weren't for you"

David: "It was nothing. I was after Greg and he just happened to have been here"

Homley: "But still thanks"

After everything was over, David returned to the palace. While he was sightseeing, his watch began to react to something. More precisely, something in his watch was reacting to an outside energy. When he checked it, he realized they were the pieces of the staff of wonders. This could only mean one thing; there was another piece of the staff around. Just then, Homley stepped out of his room with his father's staff.

David: "Oh, Homley. Why the rush"

Homley: "I think this staff's trying to go somewhere. It' weird"

David: "Wait a second. Let me see that staff" David said stretching his arm out.

Homley: "sure" he said handing it over to David.

David analyzed the staff for some time and then exclaimed "I found it!"

Homley: "Found what?"

David: "This staff. It's a simple marvel. It has 2 pieces of the staff of wonders combined together with some golden colored metal. I didn't know other pieces of the staff could be combined and even less with another metal. Whoever did this was a genius" he said turning his attention back to Homley. "Can I borrow it?"

Homley: "No, I'm not sure I'll want to give it out" he said taking it off David's hands.

David: "Pease. I need it. When I bring all the pieces together, I could reforge the staff of wonders. That weapon could prove really useful in the final battle"

Homley: "But I can't just hand my father's staff over to you"

David: "You've witnessed it yourself right? The pieces you have want to reunite with the other pieces. We are closer to the final battle than we've ever been. We need all the strength we can muster"

Homley hesitated as he weighed his options. He then remembered his father's last words. After thinking hard he came to a conclusion that the time had come when he found out what to do with it. He handed it over to David saying, "I believe this is the best choice"