One Guardian

Homley: "What's taking them so long? The ship's supposed to have finished supplying the rations and left by now"

Mercenary: "Sir Homley, come look at this" one of the mercenaries said handing the binoculars to Homley. "The port where the ship's docked at is on fire"

Homley: "I'm beginning to think he wasn't fit for the job in the end. He blew up the ship. Now how's going to get out of there?"

Mercenary: "Look at that sir Homley" he said pointing to the factory which had begun to explode. "That's our signal"

Homley: "The factory's blowing up? But where's David?" he puzzled.

Mercenary: "What are your orders, sir?"

Homley: "Oh right. Launch the assault"

At once the mercenary ships took off and flew towards the factory. The destroyers responded by sending their warriors too. With their weapons out of commission, they had a dramatically reduced defense. Nelly flying the StarEdge mainly targeted the hatches through which the destroyers' jets were coming from. Even in the midst of the fighting, there was still one big question. Where is David?

Some time earlier in the factory, David had been outnumbered and had sustained injuries. He had no way out and the only idea he could think of was suicidal. He wanted to detonate the bombs while he was still inside the factory. He had come up with a way to survive the destruction of the factory and make it to the others. He moved a little bit to the left into an area where he estimated little damage during the start of the explosion. He closed his eyes and pushed the button. At once, the factory began to blow up. The weapons control system was destroyed rendering the weapons harmless. The engine blew up too and so did the fuel tanks which each had a bomb. The rest of the factory began to fall apart and that's when Homley and his mercenaries made their move. After the first shocks, David managed to make his way through the confusion and headed for the hangars. Along the way, he met enemies who tried stopping him but he was too fast for them. Before they could fire at him, he lasted them out of his way. When he got to the hangar, he began to fire at the destroyers who tried to get into their jets and attack the mercenaries. He thought of using a gravity core but he only had one left and he had to keep it for more important battles. He used his lightning to destroy as many ships and destroyers as possible. At a point, Nelly got to the hatch leading out of the hangar and began to fire into it. The blasts from the StarEdge caused a lot of damage affecting both the destroyers and David. David knew he had to leave before he got stuck in there. He got into one of the jets and took off. Nelly noticed the jet that was trying to leave and immediately opened fire on it. David wasn't really fond of the idea of being shot down by his own ship so he dodged the shots until he was successfully out of the factory. Once out, he had more than just the StarEdge to deal with now. The mercenaries who noticed him opened fire at him too. He tried his best to dodge while heading for the planet where they had landed earlier but got hit by missiles from the mercenary frigate. Just before he crashed on the planet, he ejected himself. It was only when he was out of the ship that Nelly and the others noticed it wasn't an enemy but rather it was him. David was really pissed by that time. So pissed he just rained lightning on the destroyer ships within his reach. The battle ended with the destruction of the factory and the defeat of the destroyers. The amount of casualties on their side was at a minimum. Homley came over to congratulate David bringing down the factory.

Homley: "That was great David. You did a great job in there. Without you, we might not have won this fight. We're all very grateful for that"

David: "Really? 'Cause that's not what I felt when I got shot down by you guys"

Homley: "Sorry about that. You must understand that we didn't know it was you. No hard feelings?"

David: "Yeah, no hard feelings". Alex landed the StarEdge after finishing off the rest of the destroyers and walked out. She ran towards David.