Chapter 3

I woke with sunlight streaming through the window the next day. "Jeez, what time is it?" I murmured and sat up in bed. "You're awake." said Gilgamesh sitting on the couch. "Wait, what happened? All I remember was that I lost the duel last night." I said and rubbed my eyes. "You should be grateful that I brought you back here." he said and drank his wine.

"Really?" I hugged my knees up to my chest. "Thank you..." I mumbled. "What was that? I couldn't hear you." he said. "I said thanks." I repeated. "As a king, I think that you should thank me in a proper way." said Gilgamesh. "Thank you, my king." I said while thinking at the same time, "Kill me please." I got off my bed and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Again, your back is to the king." I heard him say. "Can you please stop?" I asked. I had enough with this guy. Then he appeared in front of me and I walked right into his chest. "Oof!" "Woman, watch where you're going." he said and frowned. "Can you please doing that?" I asked. "Do what?" he asked. "Nothing." I murmured and looked down.

Gilgamesh gave me a confused look. "What's wrong, Vivi?" he asked. "It's...um..." I fumbled with my words. Then I felt his arms around me as he gave me a hug. I turned extremely red and stammered, "Wh-What are you doing?" "Can't you see I'm trying to help?" he asked. I looked up at him and he planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Eeek!" I cried and pushed him away. Gilgamesh smirked at me before disappearing. I blushed profusely and sighed. "Why?" I muttered. Then I looked at the time. "Crap, I'm gonna be late for work!" I shrieked. I quickly put a piece of bread in my mouth, grabbed my stuff, and ran out of the house. Gilgamesh watched me run down the street through my room's window.

"She reminds me a lot of you, Enkidu..." he murmured.

**********

"Wait, what is this???" I cried. "Sorry we didn't inform you earlier Vivi." said Kaede. "Yeah, it came up all of a sudden. Plus, you lost the bet last week remember?" said Kyoko and winked. I was wearing a maid outfit the next thing I knew. "I can't do this, I can't." I said, feeling embarrassed. "If Gilgamesh or any guy from school comes here, it's over." I thought.

My friends went back to work while I stood near the counter. "No one's coming in," I said. "Can I please take this off?" "No!" my friends said. I heaved a sigh. "Please let no one come." I squeaked. Then the door opened and I heard a voice say, "So this is where you work." My face went pale as I saw Gilgamesh at the doorway.

"Not bad at all, Vivi." he said. "Vivi, that's your friend right?" Kaede asked before squealing with happiness. I looked at her like she was crazy. "Who is he Vivi?" Hana yelled from the kitchen. "Give me a moment." I said and walked toward my Servant. "Why are you here?" I hissed. "What do you mean 'why am I here?' I'm supposed to look after you." he said.

I covered my exposing back and looked away. He patted my head and laughed. "You're so cute." he said. "Please leave." I squeaked. "No." he answered. Now I was starting to feel uncomfortable. Gilgamesh leaned in and whispered in my ear, "I can sense another Master in here." My eyes grew big. "What?" I asked but he turned and left.

"Vivi, why didn't you let him stay???" cried Kaede. "He has some stuff to do later." I answered. "There's another Master in here, besides me?" I thought.

**********

My shift was finally over by the time we were closing. I was changing out of my outfit in the washroom when I heard some strange noises coming from outside the cafe. I was about to go check it out when someone grabbed me from behind. I was about to scream for help when the person covered my mouth.

"Shh, it's just me." said Gilgamesh. I calmed down a little. "Mmm..." I said. He removed his hand and I gasped for air. "What was that for?" I asked. "Don't go out yet." he said. I turned red and scrambled away from him. "What's wrong?" he asked. I quickly threw my T-shirt and pants on before looking at him red-faced.

"That's fine with me. I see it so often." he said. "It's not fine with me." I said through gritted teeth. "By the way, why are you here?" I asked. "Our opponent is outside." he said. "So there really is a Master working here with me." I said. "Let's go see them, shall we?" said Gilgamesh. "Okay, but I'm not fighting." I said. "Whatever." he said.

We left the cafe and I looked around. "There's no one." I said. Then a beam of laser almost hit me if Gilgamesh hadn't grabbed and pulled me away. "Hi Vivi, I didn't know you were in the Holy Grail War." My eyes widened when I saw the master. "H-Hana?" I asked. "That's right!" she said. "Why? You-You weren't in the files!" I cried.

"Oh, you wanna know why? Cause the original master was murdered the other day, so his Servant decided to choose me as a replacement." I felt sick all of a sudden. "Why? Why did you want participate?! I just want all my friends and family to stay out of this war!" I cried. "Plus, you're not from a family of mages!"

"Vivi, not all Masters have to be a mage." said Gilgamesh. "Oh, right." I looked down.  "Rider." said Hana. "Yes Master?" A figure appeared beside her. Gilgamesh's eyes went big. "No, I don't want to fight you." he said. I had to agree with Gilgamesh on this on. Because our opponent was...Ozymandias.

Oh no I'm getting biased wrecked 😱😱😱