Chapter 20

"Come Maria, we'll take you home." I said as I offered my hand to the little girl. She wiped her tears away and took my hand. "Vivi!" Hana and Ozymandias arrived. "Eh, isn't that...Lancer's Master?" she asked. "Lancer just died." I told her. "The Grail allowed a little girl to participate in the war, that's strange." said Aron. "I'm gonna take her home now." I said.

"We'll go with you." said Hana. I smiled. "Thank you." I said. Maria told me the address of her house and we followed her when I asked, "Did you have any idea as in why you were chosen to fight in this war?" She shook her head. Hana and Aron looked at each other. "The Grail chooses people who have a desire, not just mages." said Ozymandias.

"Like me, for instant. I'm not a mage." said Hana. "Did you have a wish?" I asked and she nodded. "I just...wanted to help my mom." she answered. "Is she okay?" asked Aron. "Mommy's sick..." said Maria. "I guess she wishes for her mother to be healthy again." said Gilgamesh. "How did she summon Lancer then? She needs a catalyst." said Aron.

"Mommy...gave me an item, and then...Lancer appeared." said Maria. I could see that she was getting tired so I piggy-backed her. "Let me see what your mother's condition is, maybe I can heal her." I said. "Okay..." she answered and fell asleep. "She's had a rough day." said Hana. "I'm more concerned about her mother." said Aron.

We arrived at her house and I said, "We're here. Can someone wake her up?" Hana shook her shoulder and said, "Maria, we're here." The little girl opened her eyes and slid off my back. "Please help my mom." she said as she unlocked the door. "I will." I said.

**********

I checked Maria's mother to find not only was her condition getting worse but her mana supply was dropping. "That's weird, she's running out of mana." I said. "But I thought Maria was the Master." said Aron. "That's not true," said Gilgamesh. We all looked at him. "Lancer's Master is the girl's mother." We all looked at Maria.

"Is this true, Maria? Is your mother Lancer's Master?" She slowly nodded. "Yes, Mommy's a mage," she said. "She told Lancer to protect me when I'm going out." I turned toward the woman lying in bed. "Will you guys give me a moment? I'm going to do my best to heal her mom." I said. They all left but Gilgamesh stayed behind of course. "Alright, let's start." I murmured.

**********

I collapsed onto the floor, completely exhausted. "Are you okay?" asked Gilgamesh. "Yeah, I'm fine. But now I'm the one running out of mana." I said. He gave me a hug and planted a kiss on top of my head. "You did well Vivi." he said. "Thanks..." I said weakly. Gilgamesh opened the door to let the others in.

"Mommy!" Maria cried and ran towards her mother. "Maria, you're alright." she said and patted her daughter's head. "Mommy, Lancer...I mean, Cú...he..." Maria stammered. "I know what happened to him." her mother said. "Anybody want to do the honor of carrying me home?" I asked.

Gilgamesh came over and threw me over his shoulder. "Thank you." said Maria as she hugged her mother. I just gave her a smile in return. We left her house and headed back to our homes. "We're going to defeat Berserker tomorrow." I said. "Finally, you get to go against the guy who broke your heart." said Gilgamesh.

"Mmm." "You good?" he asked. "Yeah...I need sleep..." I said. "Well you did all the work today." he said. "Yeah...love you...Gilgamesh..." And I fell asleep. "Jeez, but I love you too." he replied.

**********

I woke up the next morning to find myself in bed. "Ugh...so tired..." I groaned and rolled over. Gilgamesh appeared beside me with a piece of bread in his mouth. "You awake?" he asked. "Yeah..." I said. "You're pretty good at supplying mana for me even though you almost ran out last night." he said.

"As a Master, I have to keep your form stable." I said. He gave me half of his bread and I finished it. "Nervous?" he asked. "Hmm?" I looked at him. "You're going up against him." he said. "I know, but at this rate, I don't really care about him." I said. "That's what I like to hear." Gilgamesh said and kissed me on the cheek.

I reached up and patted him on the head. He grabbed my hand before leaning in close to my face. "I love you, Vivi." he said. "Me too." I replied as he nuzzled me. I planted a kiss on his lips, startling him a bit. "So, what are we going to do about Arthur and Ozymandias after defeating Berserker?" I asked as I sat up in bed.

"It hurts me to say this, but I have to defeat them too," said Gilgamesh. "But of course, they have to do the same thing to me." He saw the look on my face. "I can win against them, don't worry." he reassured me. "Promise?" I asked. "Promise." he answered. I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug. "I want to stay with you Gil, forever." I said.

"I'll make that come true, Master." he said.

**********

Gilgamesh and I waited for Hana and Aron to come to my school to discuss our plan. "Hope everything will go well, we're this close to getting the Grail." I said. "Vivi, we're here!" Hana waved at us while Aron just followed after her. "Hey guys, are you ready?" I asked. "Of course we are." she said.

"Berserker is really dangerous so we have to keep an eye on them." said Aron. I heard the sound of an airplane coming closer to us. "Did you guys hear that?" I asked. Right at the last second, Gilgamesh wrapped his arms around me and jumped out of the way just as three missiles were shot at us.

"You guys okay?" I called. "We're okay!" I heard Hana call. "Same!" said Aron. My Servant changed into his battle armor and looked up into the sky. "Oh, the same rabid dog from the Fourth Holy Grail War." he said. "You know this guy too???" I cried. "Never got the chance to kill him," he said and summoned his Gate of Babylon. "But this time, I will."

So someone asked if I could write a fanfic for the Lancer Servant Karna. Heck yeah I will. This boy carried me throughout the game and I'm so happy that I got him three times: twice in NA and once in JP.

Also, do you like Karna or Arjuna? 😉😉😉