Chapter 4: Battles and Innuendos

After giving Steak a position in your team, you levelled him up as promised.

"Drink up Steak, I need you in top notch condition." You said as you handed him a few hundred vials of potions. The rest of the souls on your current team are at level 50 and Steak was only at level 10. "This is going to take a while but it'll be worth it."

Steak nodded his thanks and started chugging the blue liquid. As he was doing that, the rest of the members came into the room.

"I see you are levelling him up, that's good." Brownie said as he sat down on the seat across from you. "A strong defence is a great asset."

You smiled at the butler, he always seemed to be level headed and you can count on him to be a good leader. He always seemed to have a poker face though... that's why you gave him cat ears and a maid outfit to make him cuter than he already was.

You reached for his cat ears and felt the fluffy material under your fingertips, giggling while you're at it. Brownie looked at you, slightly bemused.

She's a lost cause. He thought to himself and internally sighed.

After Steak had gulped down the last of his potion, he stood up from his seat with his chest puffed out. "I am ready for battle, Master."

You turned your attention to Steak and laughed at how ridiculous he sounded. He gave you a slight pout but indignantly continued "just you watch, I don't need Red Wine to be strong. I'll do anything to protect you!"

Hearing your food souls claim their loyalty to you was nothing new. However, coming from Steak just made it so... alluring. You bashfully looked away.

Catching this, Sukiyaki smirked knowingly towards Pineapple Cake. She in turn just giggled behind her hands. Eggette just looked at the two, confused and innocent as ever.

-time skip-

Steak valiantly slashed through a hermit crab and two fanged snails. After their demise he returned his swords to his belt. "That was too easy, Master. Even without a healer I barely lost any HP."

Sukiyaki leaned towards Pineapple Cake and whispered "He's so rough... and so much stamina... I wonder if that's what the Attendant likes. ;)" Pineapple cake blushed at what he suggested. Eggette, having good hearing, blithely exclaimed "What?? What does Master Attendant like?? What do you mean she likes it rough?"

Pineapple Cake quickly covered his mouth with her hand "Shush you!" She whispered harshly into his ear. But the damage was already done.
You and Steak were beet red at his comment. Although the young boy meant no harm, he was unaware of what he's done to the two of you.

What! She likes it rough?? Steak mentally exclaimed. Such a short, innocent looking girl likes it ROUGH??

Ajdjakkfiajfjakfkalfkamfskcksgl you were dying in the inside.

Eggette, still haven't learnt his lesson, came up to you and innocently voiced his concerns. "Well Master Attendant, no matter what you like, I just hope you're safe and make sure that whatever is roughing you up doesn't hurt you too much!"

Ejkfskyfkakflqmfmwglslgjek!!!!! You died in the inside.

This was a funny little short transition chapter. I'm sorry about the crappy new team formation, I just chose the food souls with the best personality for the plot. Sukiyaki is that best guy friend who is in with all the gossip. COMMENT!!! :)))