Chapter 7: Two Barbaric, Uncultured Swines

OMG I FINALLY GOT THE VALENTINES DAY STEAK SKIN!!!! It was worth my shit ton of crystals :')
I don't own the art, I can't draw. :(

You pushed open the doors to your restaurant and was greeted by your busy food souls. Some of them questioned why your clothes were wet but you brushed it off as "a small accident no one should speak of."

"Master Attendant, you're back! Red Wine and Bamboo Rice finally regained consciousness." Said Tiramisu as she came out of Bamboo Rice's room.

It felt as if a huge amount of weight was lifted off you. You breathed a sigh of relief "oh thank god. How about Gingerbread?"

Tiramisu shook her head "she's still unconscious but her condition is getting better."

"Alright. Thanks Tiramisu you were a lot of help" you smiled at one of your best healers. After she made her leave, you made your way to your green food soul's room.

He was sitting in his bed, hair long and messy as usual with his two rat friends on his head.

"You know if customers saw your rats around the restaurant, I'd get in a lot of trouble right?"

Bamboo Rice looked up and flashed a toothy grin at his Master Attendant "Well I've heard that some rats are really good cooks," he said knowledgeably "you let them sit on your head pull your hair to coordinate your movements to make a dish."

You raised your eyebrow "where did you hear such a ridiculous thing? That sounds unhygienic!"

Bamboo Rice shrugged and laughed. "Well it's a fun concept to think about." As his laughter quieted down, he took a deep breath "how are the others? Is everyone okay?"

"Milk and Black Tea woke up 2 days ago but are still in no condition to go on missions. Tiramisu estimated that they'll have to rest for approximately 3 weeks before being able to engage in fights again. Red Wine just woke up not long ago and I'm planning to see how he is next."

Bamboo Rice looked down at his hands "and... Gingerbread?"

"She... she's still unconscious. She was in a pretty bad condition when we first came back," You informed him. He had a solemn look on his face as if blaming himself for Gingerbread's situation. "But Tiramisu said she'll be okay so... She'll be okay!!" You reassured him. He gave you a small smile.

Before you left his room, you told Bamboo Rice your plans for having some of your food souls train you in case you needed to fight. He immediately volunteered to take on the teacher role and demanded that you call him Senpai from now on. You physically shuddered and he cackled loudly, but the pain in his torso had him clutching his body.

"Ugh it still hurts."

"Well looks like I won't be calling you senpai anytime soon since clearly you're in no shape to train yet." You smirked at him before leaving his room.

After you closed the door behind you, you made your way down the hall towards Red Wine's room. Being a barbaric uncivilized and uncultured human that you are, you entered without knocking because you forgot.

"Tch. You're such a barbaric, uncivilized and uncultured human." Red Wine curled his upper lip in disgust. "People should always knock before entering a room."

You rolled your eyes "Well sorry! I was excited to see your dashing face and charming personality." You said sarcastically. Red Wine made a tsk sound of disapproval.

After telling him about your training idea, Red Wine was being a snob and annoying about it as usual.

"Hmph. I'm not teaching you. If anything, you'd suck so much you'd get in my way." He stared down at you proudly. "But I'm sure that oaf Steak will teach you."

Speak of the devil...

"RED WINE I HEARD YOU WERE UP!" Steak bursted through the door, without knocking.

You turned towards the red head and tilted your head upwards, wrinkled your nose slightly and said in your best posh voice "you're such a barbaric, uncivilized and uncultured food soul! You ought to be ashamed for not knocking." You shook your head and tsked.

Red Wine popped a vein "are you mocking me??"

After a few insults and a small fist fight, you left the two alone to finish with your errands in the kitchen.

"That girl should learn some manners. I don't want to have ties with a Master Attendant who knows no class." Red Wine voiced his disapproval and shook his head.

The red head thought back to your impersonation of Red Wine and chuckled "well she was really cute when she tried to act like you, especially the part where she wrinkled her nose." A grin and a small blush spread across his face. This didn't go unnoticed.

"... Steak, don't tell me," Red Wine narrowed his eyes at his long time rival. Steak's silence was enough to confirm his suspicions.

Red Wine sat up straight in his bed and bonked him on the head "You IDIOT!"

Steak's face immediately went from slightly love-struck to what-did-you-just-say-to-me?! The two engaged in a small cat fight, Steak was really angry but held himself back enough not to injure Red Wine even more. Once the two blew off their steam, Red Wine continued his lecture with a huff.

"You know you can never be with her right?"

Steak furrowed his brows. Of course he knew. Every food soul knew that the bond between a Master Attendant and a food soul is one of master and servant. Nothing more. Furthermore, food souls can live for thousands of years but human lives were fleeting, gone and forgotten after a few decades.

Steak kept his face hard "yes I know..."

Red Wine, having known Steak for so long, knew that this idiot was going to make up an excuse to keep pursuing you. He rolled his eyes in advance.

"I've tried resisting her, but I've never met anyone like her before!" Steak continued.

Red Wine rolled his eyes again as Steak ranted on.

"She's so small and petite and yet she holds such a passionate spirit. When she gets angry her face turns all red and puffy that I just want to squeeze her! She's so clumsy but she still tries her hardest to improve as a Master Attendant. But what I admire most is her unrequited kindness she has for her food souls... I've never had a Master Attendant quite like that. I know it's only been a few weeks but everything about her is just so alluring to me." Steak looked at Red Wine with such an intense look that the latter was slightly taken aback by his sincerity.

Looking away, Red Wine sighed in defeat "I'm warning you Steak. This won't end well."

"We'll see about that."
Steak left the room, determined as ever.

Helloooooooo sorry I'm a bit late on this chappie!! I hope you enjoyed it! <3