Chapter 29: The Only Way to Go is Up

I love how the lemon chapters have the most views in this story XD. I love you my beautiful pervertEd readers!!!

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Omurice carefully balanced the food in his hands as his short legs quickly carried him and the food to its patron. "Excuse me, pardon me, coming through!"

"H-here's your food, ma'am."

The pregnant woman who miraculously ordered 4 plates of salmon fried rice didn't even thank the poor food soul before she scarfed down her cravings.

"Order up Omurice!" Pudding yelled from the kitchen.

A very exhausted Omurice gave him an apologetic look "S-sorry Pudding but I'm worn out. I'm going to the ice arena." 

"Ugh tired so soon," the agent turned back to the stove to begin cooking again. "Why can't you have more freshness like me."

Omurice ignored the annoying agent and made his way to the Master Attendant's office, giving the door a few knocks before entering.

"Master Attendant, can I take a break in the ice arena?"

The white haired boy turned towards his tired food soul with a boyish grin. "Of course! In the meantime I'll just get Jiuniang to cover your position for now."

After the Omurice left the room, Ichi sighed and leaned back into his chair. Being a Master Attendant was not as easy as he thought, especially because he was thrown into this taxing occupation after your sudden passing. Even so, he didn't mind doing it for it was your will that he took over for you, after all you are... were good buddies.

Ichi closed his eyes as he thought about his departed friend and the food soul that loves her so much, even months after her passing.

Steak hasn't been himself ever since you died. He still did his tasks as he is told but almost never speaks unless spoken to, and even then he only replies in one worded answers. Even Red Wine's taunting had no effect on him whatsoever, if anything it made his depression worse.

Ichi massaged his temples to stop an oncoming headache. He hated feeling useless, but useless was all he felt as Steak continues to wallow in his sadness no matter what anyone did.

~Flashback~

"Please Steak... no one blames you. Master Attendant wouldn't blame you." Gingerbread called out sadly to her red headed friend who has not left your room for 4 days now. She put her ear to her ex Master's door to hear if Steak was doing anything.

"Steak? You in there still?..."

Suddenly, Red Wine came running into the corridor, panting hard with a panicked look on his face and his right hand covering his nose and mouth. Gingerbread gave him an odd look.

"Where. Is. Steak?"  His urgent voice still carried it's importance despite his hand muffling it.

Gingerbread immediately knew what was wrong. Her eyes were wide and quickly pounded on the door. "Steak? STEAK! Open up!"

When no reply came, Gingerbread took a step back and rammed her shoulder against the wooden door, knocking it off its hinges.

The sight before them brought bile up her throat and she had to try hard to push it down.

Steak sat on the ground with his back against the bed he used to share with his Master. Next to him was a kitchen knife stained with red. His fingers twitched as the gaping wound on his wrist continued to bleed and bleed.

He opened his dull eyes that had no more tears left to cry, gave his best friends a look of hopelessness.

"I can't die. Why won't I die?"

Gingerbread shrieked at the top of her lungs.

"MILK! MILK!! COME QUICK! MILK!!!"

~end of flashback~

Steak never tried to end his life again after that. His best friends had cried and made him aware of his actions despite the fact he couldn't end his life even if he tried.

"Well... I guess that's the curse of being a food soul..." Ichi mumbled under his breath, recovering from the flashback.

Seeing that he has nothing better to do at the moment, he decided to take his mind off this stressful time by checking out the food soul log book that gets updated every now and then. He recently summoned a brand new food soul that he couldn't help but crush on. He wondered if there were any more new food souls that have appeared recently.

'Hopefully this will get my mind off Rum for a little bit.' He thought as he flipped through the book.

"Let's see now... new food souls..." his finger trailed along the page with a list of names and pictures of spotted, free roaming food souls.

"No fucking way..."

Ichi rubbed his eyes and made sure he wasn't blind as fuck. After blinking a few times and slapping his own face, he continued to gape at the new found food soul that was now aimlessly roaming through Tierra.

Determined as ever, a triumphant smile spread across his face. "I have to get that food soul."