Chapter 28: Torn Paper

Waaaaa I'm sorry for not uploading for so long!! I have a plot and ending in mind already but it's hard to put it on paper! Forgive me!

Gingerly touching the stump that was once his horn, Steak let out a shaky breath as he watched the seafood queen carcass continue to leak out murky red liquid on the dirt ground before his feet.

His eyes were wide and his heart was pounding in his chest as he placed his shaking hand to his chest to calm himself down.

Behind his back, Orochi saw the entire ordeal go down in the corner of his eyes. To say he was shocked would be an understatement for he didn't think Queen Conch would go down so quickly. Now he was on his own in a suicide mission that he didn't even plan.

Feeling that the odds were now against him, he knew his chances of surviving this fight was little to none. A wave of despair washed over him as he planned his next action.

It's risky, but I certainly won't be the only one going down today.

His eyes snapped back to you and Bamboo Rice to find the two of you petrified at Steak's bloody victory. Since your attention was somewhere else, this was the perfect opportunity for Orochi to complete his final act. First, he had to take out the food soul guarding you.

The puppeteer squeezed his eyes shut for a moment to focus his inner energy into his sclera and retina and the energy manifested into an ominous crimson glow. The sudden surge of energy didn't go unnoticed by the targeted green food soul so Bamboo Rice instinctively faced towards Orochi.

You fool. Orochi smiled to himself. Exploding puppet!

In an instant, Bamboo Rice's eyes met gleaming velvet orbs and felt a sickening sensation course through his spine and up to his head. He felt dizzy and fell to the floor, mopping his face onto the dirt with his butt sticking into the air. You would've laughed at him if the situation weren't so dire.

Instead, you gaped at the unconscious food soul before you as he watered the grass with the drool from his opened mouth.

Don't look at his eyes don't look at his eyes. You quietly muttered to yourself as you held your frying pan tighter in front of you, still facing away from Orochi.

"Master Attendant snap out of it!" Yelled a feminine voice that came from quite a few meters behind you.

Orochi furrowed his brow and went into a slightly crouching stance and pulled out a dagger. He recited Queen Conch's orders to himself. "Aim for her head."

It all happened so quickly.
A flash of grey and red streaked by and Orochi had expected to slice your head clean off your shoulders with whatever HP he had left. The tense air was sliced with a loud BANG and a very annoying bullet from Black Tea's smoking handgun struck him once more mid-flight. The sudden shock of the feeling of being shot sent Orochi off the course of his directory and he pivoted downwards, but not quite enough to hit the ground...

Splurge!

Thud.

The lights in his eyes dimmed and Death quickly took note of Orochi's drained HP from the fatal gun wound in his neck. But it looked like the Grim Reaper wasn't done his job yet as sticking out from your midsection, was the dagger's handle, teasingly gleaming in the light.

"MASTER ATTENDANT!" Black Tea screamed, her voice cracking before she dropped her guns and ran towards you, with Milk hot on her tail and focusing her energy for immediate healing.