Chapter 23: Evil Lurking

This chapter goes back to the main storyline so it's NOT a side quest.

Third person POV:

Slimy squishy noises were heard making its way through Gloriville's woods. They came from none other than a fanged and horned snail, leaving sloppy tracks behind them as they moved through the green grass. The two were quiet, just hanging around the area and reporting any weird stuff they happen to come across, after all this was the Queen's turf.

A nice and peaceful field came into view and the two servant fallen angels heard quiet, pig-like noises. Upon closer inspection, they realized that it was actually snoring sounds.

Venturing closer, the fanged snail found a food soul with fiery red hair and horns lying on his back sound asleep with his mouth open, on top of him laid...

A cooking attendant? What are they doing here out in the open?? They must be stupid!

He turned around to his tailing comrade and asked for suggestions on what to do.

Do we kill them? Let's kill them.

The horned snail gave it some thought before shaking its head, indicating that they shouldn't just randomly kill a human without direct orders from Conchi or Queen Conch herself. That woman does have quite a temper and it wouldn't be wise to piss her off.

Report back and let her Majesty now. They don't seem to be doing anything other than sleeping.

-time skip-

"A cooking attendant and one food soul?"

Queen Conch slammed her fist onto the arm rest of her throne. She was having a mixed reaction to her servant's report. On one hand, she was absolutely livid that they didn't finish them off then and there; on the other hand, she couldn't thank them enough for leaving the chance for her to murder them herself. With a few deep breaths to calm herself, she stood up from her seat.

"One food soul is never enough to stop me. Come my lovelies, take me to them and I will show them what will happen when they come into my territory unannounced." She smirked and jumped into her giant shell before floating behind the snails.

The snails bowed their heads in understanding and began leading their Queen to her next kill.

When the field came into sight, the three fallen angels ducked behind some thick bushes and observed the cooking attendant and her food soul. It would be reckless to charge in without at least scouting the area one more time.

Queen Conch observed the young attendant pushing herself up from the food soul, rubbing her eyes and waking him up in the process. The fallen angel squinted her eyes more to focus on her face, then they widened in shock when a memory resurfaced...

That was the girl who's team of food souls murdered a munch of her servants! She had given orders to kidnap her but she had escaped! Devilish bitch deserved way more than a quick death.

Her anger momentarily subsided as she caught sight of the food soul. From his hair and his horns, she concluded that he was Steak and true to her servants' words, they were alone.

And from what I heard, he was the one who saved her!

Queen Conch was once again surprised by a kiss they shared after they woke up from their nap under the tree. It was short but passionate, no doubt about it, these two were in love. They must've been on a date and for some reason fell asleep in the woods! (Refer to previous Lemon chapter for details)

A food soul and a human?? Well that's certainly new.

She couldn't hold in the sadistic grin that spread across her face. Like a lightbulb flashing in her head, Queen Conch concocted the perfect, sweetest revenge.

"Come my lovelies," she quietly addressed her snails. "Let's leave those two in their little paradise... while it lasts."

With a chuckle and a flip of her aqua tinted hair, Queen Conch retreated back to her den to make the preparations for their demise.

...

Back at the field, Steak and his Master Attendant groggily got up to go back to the restaurant after their date. As they walked alongside each other, Steak noticed a trail of slime near their napping spot.

Fanged snails?

He debated letting his Master know but just pushed the thought aside at her happy, content face. He didn't want to ruin the mood, besides, it seems like those snails were already gone without harming anything.

"Come on Steak let's go."

He smiled at her pretty, beaming face and clasped her hand in his, heads filled with happy thoughts.

Little did they know, shit's about to go down.