32

Author's POV

"Is she still not eating?" Namjoon asked as Taehyung just sighed while shaking his head, the tray of food still in his hands. Namjoon took off his glasses and gently massaged his temple. "I'll do it." He said taking the tray from Tae's and went towards Areum's room. He opened the door to see his daughter sitting on the bed while hugging her knees close to her chest.

"Areum, you need to eat honey." Namjoon said softly but she shook her head, "You'll get sick if you don't eat Areum." He tried again but the girl was too stubborn, "No, I don't want to eat I want unnie." Areum hugged her legs tighter, "Look, we can't visit unnie or unnie visiting us for a while okay?" He put the tray on her night stand, "Please eat Areum." He begged.

"No! I don't want to eat! I want unnie!" Areum screamed at him loudly, Namjoon instantly went into father mode, his hand on his left hip while he had a stern look. "Kim Areum, you are being bratty these past few days. Do not make you ground you." His voice was stern and rough and hearing her father's tone made the girl's eyes water while her lips trembled.

"NO! I WANT UNNIE! I DON'T WANT DADDY OR FOOD!"

That was the last straw for Namjoon. "Fine, if you keep on acting up like this Y/N unnie won't visit you because you're being a brat.  And Y/N unnie doesn't like brats. You're grounded young lady. No going out of this room unless I say so." With that Namjoon left her room closing it behind him and just like that Areum cried.

He didn't know just how attached she is with you. He didn't know that sometimes Areum wishes to have a mother figure where she can spend time with all day at home, and Areum found comfort in you. How you always give her the biggest and warmest hug, make the most yummy snacks and always backs her up if she wants something from her father. Areum finally found someone who she is willing to call as a mother, and that person is you.

But Namjoon doesn't know that.

Namjoon went back to his room and just cursed outloud, the toll finally taking over him. The stress from tracking down Enzo, the stress of his business and now Areum is acting up ever since you were now under the Golden Dragon Clan's protection aka your brother's gang. Who would've thought that your brother was Kwon Jiyong?

He laid down on the mattress and stared at the ceiling. When did this even started to fall down? He wonders if this would've never happened if Taehyung didn't signed Areum up at your daycare. Will you still have your daycare? Will you still live your life as an orphan who knows nothing about her family? Will he ever met you by accident in the streets?

No, he wouldn't. Because fate really loves to play games with everyone's life and Namjoon hated how it's playing with his love life. He wished that he never met Soohyun, but that will be too selfish of him because Areum is his and Soohyun's. Even if he hated the woman who left him and broke his heart he will never hate Areum. She's the only light he has in this dark snd cruel life of his.

And finally you came along. Dressed in just jeans and simple top, to him you looked like a goddess the moment he landed his eyes on you. Namjoon closed his eyes feeling tired both mentally and physically, but his thoughts was broken off when his phone ring. Without even looking at the caller he answered the call.

"Joon?"

A frown formed on his face, Y/N? He thought and looked at screen and indeed it was you calling him. He sat up instantly, "Y/N? Why are you calling? Is everything okay?" He bombarded questions at you, meanwhile you didn't noticed the small smile appeared on your face at his concern. "No, everything is fine. I just wanted... to check up on you guys. Are you two okay?" You asked warily in case if Namjoon is upset at you.

An angry gang leader? No thank you. "You can say that. Why? You miss me baby girl?" Namjoon teased and you rolled your eyes despite your face heating up from the pet name. "You wish Mr. Kim." You lied and bit your bottom lip preventing yourself from smiling like an idiot but you're not the only one as Namjoon was smiling as well. Hearing your voice is what he needs at the moment.

"I have to say baby girl, I miss you. Areum misses you too." You ignored his first words and immediately asked about the girl, "Is she okay?" You could hear a deeo sigh from the other line and you frowned. Did something happened while you're gone? "Namjoon, what happened?" You asked, "Areum is moody ever since she left the mansion, she won't eat unless you are here." He said and you felt worried. Poor baby haven't ate yet?

"I'll go there." You said already getting off your bed, "Y/N, as much as I loved to see your cute ass but you can't come here. It's dangerous and your brother won't let you out." His words made you scoffed, does he think you can't protect yourself?

(A/N: *cough* *cough*)

"He won't mind, I'll go there now." With that you hung up leaving a baffled Namjoon. Gosh you're so stubborn and an idiot. You put on your jacket and head out before bumping into one of the female gang members that you befriended name Jisoo. "Where are you going?" Jisoo asked, "I'm going to Namjoon's." You answered and walked past her but Jisoo immediately grabbed your arm. "You can't go outside because Jiyong said you need stag inside." Jisoo frowned.

"I appreciate the concern Jisoo but I need to go there. My baby is waiting for me." You begged the woman who seemed conflicted, she knew how attached Areum is with you. Ever since you arrived you never at least a day don't talk about Areum.

"Look, I'll ask Jiyong first of he lets you go outside okay?" Jisoo sighed and took out her phone to contact the big boss, she sent him a text message to which he replied. "Well good news for you, he lets you go only if one of us goes with you." She said, grinning happily you grabbed Jisoo and walked outsidd grabbing the car keys from one of the guards who was baffled at your action. "She's coming with me!" Jisoo waved and jumped inside the vehicle.

"Hold up Areum! I'm coming."

"Just adopt her already."

***Poor baby Areum :(

***
Poor baby Areum :(