Pair Duel

Kaiba's pov

As are battle goes on with all of us at exactly 1000 life points I begin to glance over to Megami. Every monster she has placed has been destroyed. Does she know what she's doing?

"I'll place two cards down and end my turn" she says.

I widen my eyes as I see she didn't place a single monster card onto the field. Does she want to lose!?

"What are you doing!? You think this is sometime of joke to you not placing a single card. I can't keep helping you" I yell at her.

She looks back at me with a serious glare "that's not okay! This is a Pair Duel! You should trust me more as a partner. Remember I've fought one already two more goons isn't going to take me down! I end my turn!"

I widen my eyes, so confident and fearless. She's unlike other duelist I've meet.

Trust huh? Something I don't take to lightly .. still I some how believe in her skills.

"Left wide open you fool! Now Vorse Raider attack her life points directly!" his monster slowly closes in on her.

What is she doing! "Wait-"

"I'll use spell-binding making your monster completely weak not being able to move! I might not have monsters but remember I have other strategies " she glances over to me smiling.

"See that don't underestimate me."

"Enough! I'll finish her brother. Gemini Elf attack her life points directly!" I widen my eyes and I glance back at her.

As his monster attacks she shouts again "spell-binding circle."

"Again!!" one half of twins yell.

"That's the end of you! Kaiba let's finish this shall we?"

"Don't get cocky yet!! Both my blue eyes attack each of their monsters using your neutron blast."

"No!" they both yell , right as my blue-eyes white dragon demolishes their monsters.

"We won!!" she yells and as I glance to the rare hunters they seem to have vanish.

"Cowards!" as I glance to Megami she drops on her knees.

"Megami!" her friend runs over to her. She sighs heavily "after all that trouble I didn't get their rare cards." she says.

As I glance at the rare hunters duel disc on the floor I walk over to it. I glance back at her "they might have not left their deck ,but you did earn your place in the top 8 competitors in the tournament."

"What?" she says

"What do you mean Kaiba?" says her friend Téa.

I sigh heavily "do I have to spell everything out!? They didn't take everything!" I raise the 5 locator cards from the rare hunters.

She widens her eyes and stands up quickly "they left them behind? I'm surprised!?"

As I hand them to her , she hesitates to grab them. "What now!? Take them you won them didn't you!?"

"I feel l-like I owe you something. I'm sorry I keep causing trouble for you. This tournament is just going to get crazier" she chuckles and takes the cards.

Has she always been like this someone who cares about other's? She should just worry about herself and stop caring about others.

"Keep in mind I'm doing this for myself as you know.. I'm looking for two particular cards and this rare hunters might have."