I Can't Help Falling In Love With You

This happens after HTTYD 2
Italics are for thoughts or words that are sang...

This song isn't mine. It's just some amazing thing I found on Youtube 5 seconds ago. I put a cover instead of the real song because the real song has Elvis Presley singing it and it would be very hard to imagine Astrid singing it 😂
———————

Hiccup was walking home after a long day of being chief. He just finished another long boring meeting about some long boring problem and finding a solution to it. He wanted nothing more than to see his betrothed again.

He smiled as he walked in the door, expecting to see Astrid. He looked around and the room was empty.

"Astrid?" He called out, closing the door and looking around.

Hiccup shrugged and walked upstairs to look for her. She's normally eating or sleeping on the couch at this time.. Hiccup thought.

The door to their room was wide open. He was about to walk inside but he heard something very interesting.

"Wise men say
Only fools rush in....
But I can't help
Falling in love with you" Astrid's voice sang softly as she was writing up some things.

Woah. Hiccup said in his head as he hid. I haven't heard Astrid sing before. Thor, she's amazing!

"Like a river flows,
Surely to the sea,
Darling so it goes...
Some things..
Are meant to be..." Astrid continued, smiling at the lyrics. Hiccup, even though he couldn't see her, heard her smile and grinned to himself.

"Take my hand.
Take my whole life too...
For I can't help,
Falling in love with you" Astrid finished, sighing happily, imagining Hiccup in her head.

Gods, Astrid. He made you such a girly girl. Astrid thought, giggling.

Hiccup heard her giggling and couldn't help but feel the same way she did. He smiled, so happy that she was in his life.

"Good evening, m'lady" Hiccup greeted, finally entering the room. He grinned as she jumped a bit in surprise.

"U-uh h-hey! Hey, babe!" Astris said nervously. She obviously didn't want him to have heard her.

Hiccup smirked on the inside because of what he was going to do next.

He began humming the tune of the song she was singing while taking off his armor.

Astrid suddenly, sat up straight. Wondering if he did hear her. Oh gods, Astrid thought.

Hiccup sat down on the bed across from her, visibly grinning, and started singing the words as well.

"For I can't help,
Falling in love with you.." He sang, smugly at Astrid as she slowly turned to look at him.

Gods, damn it! Astrid sweared in her head as blush burned of her cheeks. When she finally turned to see him, he was grinning at her.

"When were you gonna tell me that you sang like Valkyrie?" Hiccup tilted his head, grabbing her hands.

"I don't know" Astrid answered meekly, looking away from him.

"Just so you know," Hiccup cupped her cheek to look at him, his green eyes sparkling.

"I meant everything I sang, earlier." He smirked at her and brought her hands to his lips and gave them a kiss.

"You, dork." Astrid chuckled
"I did too" She said sincerely, leaning forward to hug him.

Hiccup laughed and hugged her back. She always gave him even more reasons to love her.

"You sang okay too, babe" Astrid commented, giving his cheek a kiss. Hiccup chuckled and hugged his love tighter.

So many reasons...

———————

Hi! Hope you liked it! Comment for ideas, please! Don't be shy, I don't bite 💕. I know Astrid didn't finish the whole song, but I didn't want it to be that long.

<3 Abby