Because You're You

Short oneshot! After HTYYD3

———————

Astrid sat down on the ground beside a lake, sitting on a blanket and laughing while watching her husband, Hiccup, and son, Nuffink, splash around in the water.

She turned as she felt a soft tap on her shoulder and saw her daughter, Zephyr. Her hair was flowing down and she was wearing her normal skirt and tunic.

Astrid smiled and lifted the girl onto her lap, braiding her hair as she giggled a little.

"Mommy?" Zephyr called in a small voice. Astrid loved hearing that. Her a mom, wow.
"Yes?" Astrid replied back, smiling.

"Why do you love daddy?" She asked innocently, facing her mother and showing her crystal blue eyes filled with curiosity.

Astrid chuckled, shaking her head. She glanced up at her husband and sighed.

"I love your dad for many reasons, honey" She answered, looking back down at her daughter.

"Yeah, but what reasons?" Zephyr insisted, jumping up and down on her lap, making Astrid laugh.

"Okay, okay." She said, giving and steadying her daughter.

"I love your dad" Astrid started looking deep into her daughter's eyes.

"Because he's your dad"
"Because your dad is brave and strong, but kind and sensitive." Astrid smiled, looking off into the distance.

"Because your dad is smart, funny, amazing" She listed, chuckling as she went on.

"I love him because he's Hiccup" Astrid finished, smiling dreamily at her husband. She looked down to see her daughter's face scrunched up in a frown.

"What?" Zephyr asked in confusion. Astrid chuckled and shook her head.

"You'll know when you're older" She teased, booping her nose, making her giggle.

•••

"Hey. I heard you and Zephyr earlier." Hiccup entered their room, grinning. Astrid rolled her eyes and sat down on their book.

"I love you too" He teased, smiling at her.
"I love you because you're you" He sat down beside her and kissed her forehead. Astrid grinned and pulled him in for a real kiss.