For the Dancing and the Dreaming

All Hiccstrid writers should have one of these chapters, am I right? Or can I say... write? Ok. Kill me now, goodbye.

This is from a comment (yay!) by @TCRAZY01. It takes place after HTTYD 3, no spoilers though.

———————

The sun rised over New Berk. Its rays shone through the glass windows, hitting the chief and his girlfriend's eyes, causing them to stirr.

Hiccup yawned and began to open his eyes. He glanced down to see his beloved, Astrid. Gods, she was so beautiful in the morning.

"Good Morning, m'lady" Hiccip smiled and nudged her.

"Shhh" Astrid hushed back
"I'm asleep" She said, rolling over so the sun won't hit her.

Hiccup scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Come on, m'lady. We need to get up" He insisted, nudging her more.

"Nope" Astrid replied back
I bet I know what will get her up.... Hiccup thought to himself and grinned.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With never a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you would marry me" Hiccup sang softly to Astrid who sighed deeply. She loved it when Hiccup sang to her.

"No scorching sun
Nor freezing cold
Will stop me on my journey
If you will promise me your heart..." Hiccup continued as Astrid turned to him, smiling.

"And love me for eternity" Astrid sang, looking deep into his eyes. Hiccup smiled back at her.

Suddenly, Astrid stood up and smirked, pulling Hiccup off the bed and onto the floor with her. Hiccup grinned back and started dancing with the song.

"My dearest one, my darling dear
Your mighty words astound me
But I've no need for mighty deeds
When I feel your arms around me" She continued dancing and singing. Hiccup chuckled and quickend the pace.

"But I would bring you rings of gold
I'd even sing you poetry
And I would keep you from all harm
If you would stay beside me" Hiccup sang, kneeling as Astrid jumped over his leg behind him. Both of them smiling, laughing, and dancing happily.

Hiccup gazed at her in complete awe as she sang and danced the next part of the song.

"I have no use for rings of gold
I care not for your poetry
I only want your hand to hold" Astrid sang, smiling at him, making him think. It was finally time.

"I only want you near me" He sang sincerely, preparing for what he was going to do next.

"To love, to kiss, to sweetly hold
After all the years

For the dancing and the dreaming
Everything moment they had shared

Through all life's sorrows
The tears and sadness

And delights
The laughter and joy

I'll keep your laugh inside me
They held on, strong

I'll swim and sail on savage seas
Saving and protecting each other

With never a fear of drowning
Never giving up

And gladly ride the waves of life
Never being tired of one another

If you will marry me!"
It was time.

Hiccup laughed and twirled the smiling and giggling Astrid around.

She spinned around and looked back at Hiccup to see that he wasn't standing, but was on one knee.

Astrid gasped and covered her mouth realizing what he was doing. Tears filled both their eyes as the most memorable moment of their lives was about to happen.

"Astrid," Hiccup sighed happily and gazed deeply into her sparkling eyes.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With never a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you would marry me" He sang again softly and slowly, meaning every single word he sang.

He opened the black box he held in his hand to reveal a simple, but beautiful quartz crystal engagement ring.

"M'lady, will you marry me?" Hiccup asked as a tear rolled down her cheek.

So many thoughts were going through Astrid's head about how much she loved him and how long she had been waiting for this to happen. She just wanted them to go away so she could enjoy the moment.

She shook her head trying to clear her thoughts causing Hiccup's eyes to widden in fear.

"No, no! I mean, yes! Yes, I'll marry you!" Astrid blurted out quickly and threw her arms around him, burrying her head in his neck.

Hiccup sighed in relief and kissed her head. She leaned back to look him in the eyes

"I was just shaking my head to clear my thoughts. I do want to marry you. I do! I said no at first because you thought I said no, so I said no to the no to make-"Hiccup cut her off by kissing her passionately. They kissed for as long as possible, trying to prolong the happiness they both felt.

Hiccup leaned back so that they could get a breath of air. Both of them panted heavily and Hiccup chuckled.

"All you had to do" He teased and slid the ring onto her finger.

"Was say yes" He said while pressing his forehead against hers and smiling. Astrid laughed.

"You can't tell me what to do" Astrid teased back, shaking her head a litttle while leaning back and crossing her arms.

"After all, I'm gonna be chieftess soon" She grinned, glancing down at her new ring and back up to her betrothed.

Hiccup smiled widely and took her hands in his, gently brushing the ring with his thumb. "Yeah, you are" He said while sighing in content and looking into her gleaming eyes.

"I love you" Hiccup said sincerely and softly.
"I love you too" Astrid said back and leaned in, connecting their lips.

For the dancing and the dreaming...

———————

Hi! I hope this was okay for you @TCRAZY01 ! Hope you enjoyed! Comment or message me for ideas!

<3 Abby