The Game

Hiccup and Astrid were in their tent, suiting up for the big battle.

"Hey, I love you" Hiccup said sincerely, facing Astrid as he was putting on his shoulder pads.

Astrid grinned. "I love you more" She teased, turning around to see him grinning back at her.

"Oh, we're doing this again. Aren't we?" Hiccup tilted his head, smirking while walking towards her.

Hiccup and Astrid had a small little game everytime they went into battle. It was both playful and serious.

Everytime they went into battle, they knew there was a chance that they could lose each other.

"Mhm" Astrid nodded, smiling and placing her hands around his neck as he put his around her waist.

So one day, they made something up. Everytime, they would try to out do each other in how much they loved each other.

It expressed all they wanted to say and kept the moment light and happy, if it was their last one. They were vikings in love. They needed a pre-caution for the dreaded.

Hiccup sighed happily in content. "I would jump of the edge of the Earth for you" He said to her, grinning widely.

"I would drink only change-wing acid, just to see your smile" She replied, smirking at him.

"I can't imagine a day that you haven't made everything so much better" Hiccup told her.

"Life without you in it, isn't worth living"
"I like myself more now that I have you"
"Every moment with you is special" Astrid giggled softly as he briefly kissed the top of her head. Hiccup grinned, planning what he was gonna say next.

"I love you more than anything. More than drawing, more than life, more than dragons" Hiccup said sincerely, carrsessing her cheek with his hand.

"More than Toothless" He whispered, chuckling a little at how much he loved her.

Astrid softly gasped and literally felt her heart fly out of her chest, spin around Hiccup and go back. Hiccup, she thought happily.

A tear rolled down her cheek as she leaned into his touch and closed her eyes. Hiccup also felt a tear fall from his eye and blinked it away, brushing the tear from his betrothed's cheek.

The game wasn't meant to be like this, they both thought. Then again, the enemy they were facing was really strong. This might be their last time at playing the game.

Their hearts sunk, praying away the worst. They hoped this wasn't their last moment together. They hoped so much.

"I love you so much" Astrid said sighing and pressed her forehead against his, her eyes still closed, stopping all the tears in them from falling.

"I love you too" Hiccup muttered, closing his eyes as well, taking in the moment.