Crumbled

Hi guys! Someone asked for more angst so here it is! Before HTTYD3, wearing their armor. Enjoy!

———————

"Duck!" Hiccup shouted to Astrid as a viking ran towards her with their sword raised.

She swiftly ducked and hit the viking with her axe, knocking them out. She looked over at Hiccup and grinned.

"Thanks" Astrid said to him who smiled back at her. They continued fighting their way through the crowd of vikings to free the dragons.

Once they freed them all, they whistled for their dragons to take them. "Toothless!" Hiccup exclaimed as he jumped on the Night Fury.

He looked around him and saw that there was a whole new wave of vikings running towards them. He looked back at Astrid and saw her getting on Stormfly.

"Let's go!" He yelled to everyone, getting nods in reply as they flew into the air.

Suddenly, an arrow soared through the air towards Astrid. Hiccup opened his mouth to shout, but the arrow had already hit her side.

Astrid gasped in shock and held her side in pain. Blood soaked her tunic as she looked over at Hiccup to see his scared face and blacked out.

"Astrid!" The others shouted as they saw her fall unconscious, leaning on Stormfly's head.

"ASTRID!" Hiccup cried loudly as they flew closer to Stormfly. He quickly took Astrid in his arms and checked her pulse.

She was still alive. He sighed and looked at her pained face as they zoomed off, back home to Berk.

"Stay with me, m'lady" Hiccup begged, kissing the top of her forehead as she stirred.

The second they arrived at Berk, Hiccup brought Astrid to Gothi. She took the arrow out and put a liquid on it to avoid infections, quickly wrapping her middle with cloth.

"Gothi says she doesn't know when Astrid will wake up" Fishlegs read from the ground as they surrounded the badly wounded warrior on the bed.

Hiccup sighed, squeezing her hand and putting it to his forehead. He closed his eyes and tried to stop the tears from flowing.

Fishlegs looked up and glanced at his friends around the room. They all nodded to him as they began to walk out the room.

"She's strong, H" Tuffnut told him, placing a hand on his shoulder, and sighed softly before leaving.

Snotlout frowned deeply as he saw the two of them. Poor them. Hiccup must be so worried and Astrid so wounded. He thought, closing the door.

Hiccup felt tears fall from his face as he looked up at Astrid. She looked so weak and helpless.

"You have to make it. You have to" He pleaded to her, rubbing her hand softly. Inside, he was breaking.

Breaking because the person he loved the most could die at any second. Because if they do, his whole world will crumble. Without her, he didn't know what to do.

"I need you. I love you" He muttered and briefly kissed her hand. His face fell even more when he didn't hear her usual laugh or giggle after he did that.

He stayed with her for a few more hours, praying and begging for her to wake up and be okay. Until, the twins barged in the room.

"Hiccup, I know it's a bad time, but I think we're under attack" Ruffnut told him, bags under her eyes but still awake.