Emptiness Part II

Sequel to Emptiness! Enjoy!

———————

It was a year after the death of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, the great and amazing chief of Berk.

Valka didn't think anyone else was more worthy of becoming chief then Astrid. Astrid gratefully accepted the job, doing the best she can to live up to her late fiancé.

It still hurt when she thought about. Even after a year. Even after their beautiful son, Kori, was born.

It still hurt. Astrid thought as she was sitting down at Itchy Armpit, their baby in her hands.
No matter what the pain wouldn't go away. Astrid sighed and hugged her little boy tighter.

He looked just like his father. Auburn hair, cute freckles and a love for dragons.

Oh, yes. The moment this little one saw Toothless, it was as if they became best budds. From then on, Toothless became loyal to Kori even if he was still a baby.

Astrid chuckled at that. Kori was just like  Hiccup, except with her blue eyes. Kori cooed in her arms, reaching out for something.

Astrid quickly bounced him and brought him in closer. She gazed at her son, happily.

Hiccup, I miss you so much. I love you. She kissed the top of Kori's head, a tear rolling down her cheek.

As if Hiccup heard her, a small breeze passed by. I love you both too. She heard as she shivered at the sudden coldness.

"See you soon, babe" Astrid whispered softly.

From Valhalla, Hiccup was looking down at his fiance and son, sighing. He wished he had more time with them, but seeing how great things were, he was happy.

"I'll see you soon, m'lady" Hiccup said back