Adventures

Hi guys! Small oneshot here! Hiccstrid is 34, Zephyr is 10, and Nuffink is 8! Enjoy!

———————

There was a hug snow storm that day on New Berk. Hiccup announced that everyone should stay in their houses because the storm was so dangerous and cold.

Hiccup was sat down by the fire place, reading a book while his daughter was at a desk, tinkering with another invention she was making. Astrid was taking a nap in her and Hiccup's room.

Nuffink strolled into the living room, bored out of his mind, and tried to look for something to do. Giving up, he decided to talk to his father instead.

"Dad? What happened to your foot again?" Nuffink asked his father, sitting down beside him as Hiccup put down his book.

"It's a long story, Nuff" He replied.
"Please, dad?" Nuffink begged, making him sigh and grin at his son.

"It happened when I was 15 years old. Before the war with dragons ended. The story starts when I find my best friend, Toothless who was a dragon. During a raid, I shot him down and he lost a tail fin. It's okay though, I tamed him and made him a new one." He said.

"Did anyone find out?" Nuffink immediately asked, as if he was hearing the story for the first time. Hiccup chuckled in remembrance and nodded.

"Your mom did. See, at that time, there was this thing called Dragon Training where we trained to kill dragons. When I met Toothless and got to know more about him, I learned some things that helped me get ahead. So, I suddenly got better and was first in the class. I was a fishbone though, so your mom thought I was cheating. She followed me one day and found me with Toothless" Hiccup answered his son who gaped at him.

Hiccup grinned as he said the next part.  By this time, Zephyr had put down her tools and was listening intently to his story. She quickly walked over and sat down on the rug in front of him.

"Obviously, Astrid ran off to tell my dad, but I stopped her by kidnapping her. I took her on a romantic ride on Toothless and convinced her not to tell anyone. When we got down, she kissed me one the cheek." Hiccup told the two of them who looked at him inquisitively.

"Then the Red Death happened. It was a huge dragon that was controlling the other ones, so we had to fight it. At the end, we finally killed it, but I fell off Toothless and lost a leg in the fire" He continued.

"Then what happened?" Zephyr asked, her blue eyes sparkling with curiosity. Nuffink nodded and looked at him to continue.

"I was in a coma for a month, driving your mom crazy. When I woke up, Berk had welcomed dragons and were friends with them. That's when the journey really began and stories really increased" Hiccup smiled, thinking of all the adventures he had gone on with his friends. The Edge, Drago, the Hidden World. His smile faded as he thought about the Hidden World, recalling the sad events that happened at that time.

Seeing their father's smile drop, the two Haddock children looked at each other knowingly. They knew that his father was thinking of his best friend and went over to hug him. Hiccup sighed happily and hugged his children back before kissing the top of their heads.

"Dad? How much do you miss Toothless and all the dragons?" Nuffink asked him, his voice muffled a little with their hugging.

"A lot. But even if I lost him, I'm glad as hell that I didn't lose your mother because then I would've lost you both too" Hiccup answered and hugged Zephyr and Nuffink tighter, knowing that they were his everything.

Zephyr and Nuffink smiled and hugged him back, enjoying the moment they were having with their father.

"Hiccup! Did you just swear?" Astrid stepped into the room, yawning a little from her nap. She looked and saw her family smiling brightly at her in a hug. She chuckled lightly and joined in their hug.

The happy family stayed together in their house, keeping warm and safe from the freezing winter outside. No matter the adventures Hiccup and Astrid had in the past, this one was the best and most exciting one.