Chapter 9.9

(Author's Note: All chapter names that end in a decimal are her memories.)

**

It was hot. But it didn't bother them. Little hands and feet were busy running around trying not to get caught. Amidst all the running chaotic mess the kids were, sat a little girl named Amelia.

She was tugging on the two beautiful ribbons that decorated her pigtails, looking a little sad, a little bored. Her eyes frequently kept looking towards the gate in search for something. Or someone.

And then a sweet smile adorned her face as her eyes fell upon another girl. With chubby cheeks and cute bangs, a little girl in a pink dress walked into the playground. The girl in pigtails ran to the new girl in maximum speed her feet could bear.

"Why are you so late? I have been waiting for a while."

Amelia caught the other ones hand and started pulling her towards the playground. She said, "It's okay. Let's just practice now."

Upon hearing no sound so far, Amelia looked at her friend. What she saw was a very sad face. She asked, "Why do you look sad? Did someone scold you?"

The girl in pink replied, "I'm sorry I can't dance with you for the competition."

"What? But why?" She asked not letting go of her friend's hand.

"The best dancer of our class wants to dance with me. And even though I wanted to take part with you, my mother asked me to participate with her. I'm sorry."

Her mouth turned into a frown as she listened to the words of the one in pink. Her vision blurred as her eyes filled with tears. She slowly let go of the hand she was holding onto.

"We can dance in some other event," said the one in pink.

She gave one last smile and walked away from the one in front of her.