Final Chapter

Two years, five months and twelve days.

She sighed.

The dimly lit room was packed. A lot of murmurs and laughs filled the air. A limited number of fifty seats facing a single chair, one microphone and one spotlight. And the book held tight in everyone's had was also just one.

The Eighth One.

Peeking from a window at a side, she took in deep breaths and gently patted her chest.

"Still nervous?"

A voice from behind caused her to turn back. Clad in royal blue blazer, he stood leaning against the wall. Bangs separated by a side parting, he looked as handsome as ever.

"Be it the first time or the hundredth, I'll always be nervous Jungoo," she replied.

He put forward his hand in which she placed her own. Pulling her closer to him, he placed the other hand on her lower back.

They looked into each other's eyes which closed in unison when he gave her a sudden kiss.

Noses still touching, while she smiled he whispered, "Don't be. I'm right here."

"As I advanced my steps in their direction, a hand touched my shoulder. I turned around and saw a tall boy sucking on a lollipop. His beanie covered his head, exposing his forehead and an eyebrow with a scar. He looked at my arm and I realised that I was holding onto a skateboard. It had peculiar skull designs on it. As he pulled out the lollipop from his mouth, Joon smiled and said,

Let's begin."

A moment of silence followed by a huge round of applause filled the room and she sighed in content. Her smile lightened up her face and she kept saying thank you over and over.

Turning her head to her left, she saw Jungkook clapping. It was more special because of his signature smile that could heal her of all her worries.

"We should leave by 10pm if we have to catch that flight," Jungkook said as she approached.

"Okay. But we'll meet the café lady one last time before we leave," she said, to which Jungkook nodded gladly.

Smiling at the front camera, they posed showing off their best smiles. Jungkook stood in the middle flanked by Amelia and the café lady on either side.

"Done," he said as he placed back his phone into his front pocket.

"I'm so glad you decided to visit the town," the café lady wrapped her in a tight hug and then tapped her cheek.

"I had promised myself I'd do a book reading in our café if I'd ever be successful. Plus, I wanted to see you," Amelia said.

"How is your job, Jungkook? City life seems to suit either of you quite well."

He replied with a smile, "Everything is going good."

"Your uncle troubling you now?"

"All that is behind me. I don't think about it anymore. I have a job, an apartment. I have her," he said pointing to Amelia, "I am happy."

The ride to the airport was quite silent. Their minds boggled with thoughts about the few hours that just went by. Plus, being in the old town where it all happened, made them take a walk down the memory lane.

Jungkook looked at the beautiful girl sitting beside him. Lost in her thoughts, she was staring outside the window watching the buildings go by. He raised his hand and grazed her cheek with his thumb.

"Anything troubling you?"

She looked at him and shook her head.

"Any voices talking back?"

She smiled, took his hand in hers. Interlacing their fingers she said, "Not since I have had you to talk to."

Pulling her closer, he kissed her hand safely enclosed in his own. She closed her eyes as she rested her head on his shoulder. Drifting off to sleep her mind raced back to each, and every moment that paved way to her present.

I apologize for this was not a typical love story.

This was the story of how I found myself, how I learned to accept myself and love myself.

Trust me, it's not easy. I still am struggling and trying my best every single day.

But I am forever indebted to the universe for bringing Jungoo into my life without whom it would have never been possible.

It's funny how things work out sometimes. There may be times when you feel that it's all over and nothing more can be done. But there is always a way. You just have to find it. And I found my way by finding Jungoo.

My Jungoo, who was always there to support me and guide me. He believed in me when I refused to believe in myself. He loved me when I refused to love myself.

THE BEGINNING.