Chapter 17

She hurried to the back alley of the café. As soon as she got there, she pulled out her phone.

Whom to call? Whom to text?

'Jungkook?'

No I can't bother him anymore.

'Then just calm down. I'm sure this is nothing. Just take a deep breath.'

Amelia breathed in and out standing in the back alley, trying to calm herself down.

It had happened just a few minutes ago. She was working like any other normal day when the café lady approached her and said, "Tell me Aami. How are you doing?"

Aami raised her eyebrow in suspicion and said, "I am doing okay. Why the gentle follow-up?"

"No reason," the café lady said with a smile, "I just wanted to know if you are happy."

And then she felt a sudden dip in her chest. As she nodded with a fake smile, she watched the café lady walk away.

It's always important to love yourself Aami.

When these words suddenly boomed in her head, she hurried back to the back alley. And now she was standing there head down, taking in deep breaths. But it wasn't working.

It's always important to love yourself Aami. No matter however you are.

At this her eyes suddenly filled up with tears that started pouring down. Face scrunched up, wet cheeks, she crouched on the floor. She was crying inaudibly.

Stop crying right now!

She immediately stopped crying as if a switch was turned off. She wiped her face with her palm and walked around to release stress from her face.

But then it had returned. And he eyes filled with tears again as she cried standing alone in the back alley.

Stop crying. You are not a child. Stop it!

A few minutes later she walked back into the café. Jungkook had come by this time and was sharing a talk with the café lady. Avoiding eye contact, Amelia stood in places where she wouldn't have to interact with anyone.

"Hey! What's going on?"

Jungkook's voice from behind caused her to turn around and face him. To make everything seem normal, with much effort she met his eyes.

"Nothing," she gave him a fake smile.

But no matter how much she could try, to him it was obvious that something was wrong. His eyebrows furrowed as he placed a step towards her observing her face.

"All okay Aami?" he asked.

"Yeah... All okay."

Himself giving a half-hearted smile, he placed a firm hand on her shoulder and then walked away.

She probably needs some time alone to be okay. He thought.

Though just for a few seconds, his presence had given her comfort. And she managed to produce a genuine smile.

But her smile faltered when she saw him take a seat with the girl in pink.

Does she not own anything other than in pink?

'How should I know?'

Right! Sorry.