Chapter 15.9

We meet a lot of people in our lives. But the moment when we feel that there could be nothing more, life finds ways to keep us surprised.

September 20XX

"What's your name?"
He asked as he placed his phone back in his pocket.

The girl who sat beside him at the other end of the same park bench, turned her head towards him at the question.

She observed him. In his skyblue t-shirt and black jeans, his backpack resting beside his left leg, he was eyeing her waiting for an answer.

Contemplating on whether to answer the question for a second, she fixed her glasses as she replied.
"Amelia."

He nodded and put forward his hand. As she shook it lightly, he said his name with a smile. This was how she met the Confused One.

October 20XX

"Aami! Over here!"

Amelia turned her head towards the direction of the call. She saw the Confused One wave her over. As she made her way through the crowd in the cafeteria, she noticed that he had saved a seat for her. A smile broke on to her lips as she sat down beside him.

"Did you guys has gone to get food," one of them replied.

She nodded her head happily.

At home she observed herself in the mirror. She was cute. She could tell. Sure, she wasn't beautiful like Sweet pill but she had her qualities.

Beep beep.

Her head turned at the sound. She jumped to her bed and grabbed her phone. With a smile she unlocked to see the message from The Confused One.

The Confused One: let's go for a movie tomorrow afternoon!

Abcd: Yeah!

Efgh: Okay cool

Sweet pill: Yasss

You: Sounds fun!

With a smile she fell back onto the bed.

November 20XX

"Aami, can you pass that?"

Amelia broke out of her trance at the sudden call. She passed the bowl of chips placed next to her. A giggle caught her attention. Sweet pill and The Confused One were cuddling on the single seater. Rolling her eyes, she turned her attention towards the movie again. It was movie night for Amelia and a few friends of hers.

"Bye ladies," The Confused One waved goodbye at the door. Amelia, Sour candy and Roomie waved back to him. The others had left already.

"I think I might stay the night," yawning heavily Sweet pill started tracing the doorframe with her finger. When the Confused One raised his eyebrows, she puckered her lips.

Upon being nudged Amelia turned to Sour candy and asked, "What?"

Sour candy just shook her head as she sighed.

"You, are coming with me."

The Confused One pulled Sweet pill out of the apartment as she giggled some more.
Waving them goodbye Amelia closed the door and walked back to the sofa where Sour candy had already taken seat. While she changed the channels, Roomie was cleaning up after the last bit of mess left.

"Why did you nudge me?" Amelia asked Sour candy after thinking for a while.

"Why?"

It was Roomie who replied. She scoffed as she walked back into the living area.