Chapter 16

He watched her smile reading something on the phone. Watching her smile made him feel at ease. Without his permission a smile was born on his lips as well.

Next day Jungkook had walked to the library to pick her up. Since she always sat on the same spot, it was easy to locate her.

As he approached her table, he saw that she was on her phone again, smiling. He himself smiled as he increased his pace.

Then he noticed something. She was typing something furiously retaining her smile. Before he pulled back the chair opposite to her he asked, "Whom are you texting?"

At the sudden question, she sat upright with a hand on her chest. Seeing her flush and get surprised suddenly he laughed, "Good to know that you get scared at least once in a while!"

She sighed.

"Nobody," she said as she stood up collecting her books.

"Oh come on! You are obviously texting someone. Tell me who it is!" he helped her pack her bag.

"It's no one you know."

"Tell me Aami", he stared whining, "TELL ME! TELL ME! TELL ME!"

Watching people in the library started stare at them, she said, "Okay! Oh my god! Let's get out first," she said as she grabbed his arm and ran out, hiding her face.

"Tell me about him," he said leaning against the park bench.

They were at the park enjoying the evening sun shining golden light over them. A cool breeze disturbed her hair, strands falling onto her face all the while.

She smiled at him and said, "We were friends for a long time. And by a long time, I mean for about over ten years. But our friendship has strengthened recently over the last 2-3 years. I even helped him confess to his long term crush you know. It did not go well."

She paused.

"Go on," he encouraged her.

"After a while I had started feeling so attached to him, I realized that I may have developed a crush on him. And an intensified one at that."

"Oh." He said sitting up.

"That's when I decided to keep distance."

She continued, "For about 2-3 months I had successfully kept the distance. And it worked. It helped me forget my feelings. But now he has texted me after such a long time."

After a few seconds of silence, he said, "Are you saying you don't have any feelings for him now?"

"Not like before, definitely not. But I really don't know," she shook her head and he nodded with a small smile. Looking at a distance, she continued, "I guess these feelings don't go away entirely, you know?"

His smile faltered a little at that which she failed to notice.

"What about you? Any such situations?" looking back at him she asked, tying her hair into a pony to save her hair from the wind.

"What do you think?" he raised his eyebrows teasing her.

"Never mind," she said rolling her eyes as she stood up and started walking away.

"I'm just kidding! Hey! Wait for me!" He grabbed his bag and ran to catch up with her.