Chapter 23

Jungkook couldn't let go of the previous nights' events. His mind kept going over and over the thought about what Amelia had stopped saying halfway.

What does she not understand? What is she hiding? He thought.

After his classes, he had gone straight to the flower shop for the deliveries. But his mind was preoccupied. He couldn't wait till he got to the café in the evening. Returning the bike at the shop and handing over the keys to the owner, he took the bus to the public library where she used to study at this hour.

"Hi Jungkook."

Jungkook waved back at the guard he had gotten friendly with by now because of his frequent visits to the library.

He walked to the usual corner he finds Amelia in. The corner where she sits buried behind a pile of books. On the way he recognised several familiar faces. When they gave him a small smile, he returned it back. However, on reaching her usual location he felt disappointed.

She was not there.

Brows furrowed he stared at the table.

"Umm..."

Jungkook turned around to find the source of the voice. One of the faces who had smiled at him, a bespectacled guy in a sweater, stood a few steps back holding a book. He said, "She left about half hour ago."

He nodded at the guy and said, "Thanks."

He rushed out. Making his way to the café, he half walked half ran. He tried calling her. Placing it on his ear he heard it ring a few times. And then, "The number you have called-"

This means she cut the call. Determined, he progressed to the café.

It seemed so simple. She just left a half hour early. She should probably be at the café. But then why did he feel so nervous? Why did he feel that something was terribly wrong?

He didn't know.

He ran into the café and the first person he saw was the café lady. While he was about to ask her where Amelia is, as if she read his mind, she pointed towards a booth. Wasting no time, he hurried to the direction only to see someone else wait for him there.