Chapter 10

"How long have you been writing?"

She turned to him with a smile and replied, "You read my notes, didn't you?"

He pulled a paper from behind, cleared his throat, "When the world isn't the same as it was yesterday, I wonder if I could-"

"Would you please stop that!" snatching back the paper she interrupted him. She said, "You are not reading it the right way!"

"Maybe you wrote it wrong," crossing his arms across his chest he complained.

"Oh please!" she said, "You read like a robot!"

She placed the note in a drawer and removed her glasses.

Leaning against the counter he asked her, watching her cleaning the glasses, "You didn't answer my question. How long have you been writing for?"

She sighed and said, "About eight to nine years."

He mouthed a wow and nodded his head feeling amazed. She turned towards him, folding her arms across her chest and asked, "Now your turn. Tell me, why did you read my notes?"

Making an, absolute, innocent face one can find in this world, with doe eyes and a small pout, he shrugged and said, "I just found it lying there!"

"They were on my table Jungkook  Inside a book. Under many other books," she said not falling for his act.

"I know," his expression switched to an evil smile which to her seemed as cute as his innocent face. Suddenly with a stern face he said, "You should really take care of your things."

Turning away from him, she tried to return to work. Suddenly he caught a hold of her wrist to turn her towards him again. Getting caught off-guard with his sudden action, she felt uncomfortable and tried to let herself free. Jungkook however had no intention of letting her go.

"I'm not very comfortable with people touching me."

Watching her twitchy form, and eyes switching from him to his grip, over and over, he let his hand loosen. Slowly she freed herself from his long thin fingers. While she stood awkwardly looking around, to fill the uncomfortable gap, he cleared his throat and said, "Um...So when are you going to complete this one? I want to read it."

"Soon I hope," she looked at him in curiosity and asked, "Do you really want to read my work? Because there is something I wanted someone's opinion on."

"Sure! What is it?" he asked her walking to her and standing beside.

"A previous work of mine. I had sent it to a publishing house. They are giving me very positive replies. I think they might actually publish it," she said excitement evident in her voice, "at least online," and then she trailed off.

"I'm sure they'll publish it in print as well."

Hearing his words, she turned to him. His smile made her feel more courageous and confident. She returned his smile.

"But you have to imagine the scene in your head when you read it. Wait! I'll read it out loud and you can imagine the scene as you listen to my words."

Just then the doorbell chimed. While Amelia quickly walked to her notepad, Jungkook just stood at the counter. He had decided to help-out that evening because the café lady had gone out on a date. Just then he felt a vibration in his pocket. He took out his phone and saw a name blinking on the screen. He stared at it for a few seconds and then saw it get cut on its own. Placing it back in his pocket he looked up.

What he hadn't noticed earlier because of the call, now he did. He noticed the girl, dressed in baby pink, who had walked in and took a seat in the first booth. And he noticed her because he found her cute.

"Good evening. May I take your order?" Amelia had already got to her by then.

A few minutes later, Amelia had set the tray and was about to deliver the order.

"Can I?"

Jungkook's question surprised her.

"You don't have to do this Jungkook. Just handling the counter is enough," she replied.

"I'm not doing this to help you. I have other intentions," he said and started motioning his head towards the girl in pink.

Oh.

"Oh! Okay then. Whatever," Amelia said and pointed towards the tray.

With a smile he took the tray and walked to the girl.

Just then a sound of vibration caught her attention and Amelia took out her phone. She had gotten a text.

Watching him talk to her for over twenty minutes had really put her mood off.

'Came to help' he said. I have been toiling alone for quite a while now while he is flirting away.

"On the house", he said with a smile and she walked out giving him flirty looks.

Pssh. Amelia scoffed.

"Nice job helping me by the way," she said as he came back to the counter. With a smug smile he said, "I try."

Suddenly her phone vibrated again. Jungkook noticed the sudden change and observed as Amelia immediately took her phone and read something. A smile adorned her lips as she started typing. Feeling curious he asked, "What are you doing?"

He watched her typing on the screen with a smile. And then she said, still quite immersed in her phone, "Nothing."