Chapter 24

"How are you doing?"

"Fine."

"I'm glad to hear that you are attending your classes at least."

"Yeah."

While Jungkook sat staring at the table, the person opposite him kept rotating his spoon in the coffee mug over and over. Jungkook could tell he was nervous. After all it had been months since he had last seen this man.

"You should call once in a while at least."

"I'll try."

"They keep checking-"

"How did you find me?" Jungkook cut short and asked the man, annoyance clear in his tone.

The bald man in a brown jacket stared at him a little surprised.

"Did you follow me? Hired someone? Do you know where I live as well?" Jungkook spoke, his voice slightly raised.

The man shook his head and said, "I asked your college. They told me you work part time."

"That's not here," he questioned the man.

"I know it's at the flower delivery shop. From there I came to know of this café."

After a few seconds of silence his uncle continued, "I don't know where you live."

"Good. I do not expect visitors either."

Jungkook started tracing the lines on the surface of the table. When neither of them spoke for a while, Jungkook looked up at the man, but he saw another familiar face from the corner of his eye. Aami.

"You can go now. Needn't visit me anymore. Or call unless it's too much of an unavoidable emergency," he said to his uncle.

"Fine."

"And please stop following me."

The man walked out without saying anything else.

"Jungoo?"

Jungkook looked up at the call. Immediately a smile came to his lips.

"You okay?" Amelia asked him, standing by the table. He stared at her for a second before he nodded his head.

"I'll get you some coffee," she said with a tiny smile that made him feel relieved.

As she walked away, he sunk into the chair and rubbed his eyes. Not removing his palm from his face, he sat trying to relax. After a few seconds he heard the chair across being drawn. He took a deep breath and said, "Where were you today?"

"This is the first time you have asked me that question."

Getting response from an unfamiliar voice, Jungkook opened his eyes and found not Amelia, but someone else occupying the seat across from him.

It was the girl in pink. After she had walked out yesterday, he had not contacted her in anyway. Behind her he could see Amelia stand with a tray carrying two coffees. She had seen them and was standing still looking at them. When she noticed him see her, she walked to their table.

Placing both coffees on the table she said, not meeting his eyes, "Here you go. Enjoy your coffee."

"Thanks," the girl in pink replied.

She smiled at the girl and was about to walk away. Just then, "Aami?"

Hearing Jungkook call, Amelia stopped at her tracks. She turned around and said, "We'll talk later Jungkook," and walked away.

JUNGKOOK.

It sounded so weird. So wrong. After being used to hearing Jungoo from her lips for such a long time, he was confused by her addressing him this way.

He watched her walk away, the distance between them increasing by the second. And he did not like it, at all.

"Jungkook?"

He was brought back from his trance when the girl sitting in front of him called out.

"Huh?"

He asked her while she stared at him, her arms both on the table.

"Nothing," she said.

Slowly she stood up, hung her bag on her shoulder and said with a smile as she gave a small wave, "Bye Jungkook. I wish you all happiness."