Chapter 28

He grabbed two of his books on marketing and walked out to his class. Placing one in the locker, he kept the other in his bag to read later at night.

"Jeon Jungkook?"

A call from behind caused him to turn around. He saw his professor smiling at him.

They stood by the university cafeteria balcony. While Jungkook gazed at the horizon over the green canopy, his professor sipped on a small cup of coffee.

"What do you think?" the professor asked.

Keeping silent for a moment, Jungkook said, "I need some time to think and take a decision."

"Sure, I understand. But let me know by tomorrow evening," he tapped Jungkook's shoulder and walked away.

There was a slight chill in the air. It would get colder soon. But Jungkook  felt warm. He felt genuinely happy for the first time in a long time.

Even though it was a night filled with screams and fight, though he didn't know how exactly to solve the problem in hand, he knew one thing for sure.

He was in love with Amelia and she loved him back, even if she accepted it or not.

That morning before he woke up, she had left for college. Breakfast and coffee were kept ready on the table. He smiled to himself at the thought of the note with it that had a simple smiley face drawn on it.

Now that his classes were over, he decided to take the day off from his part time job and spend the evening with her. He walked to her table in the library and saw her staring at the pages in front of her.

Zoned out again. He laughed silently.

He pulled the chair opposite to her which brought her back from her trance. She saw him and sat up straight.

"Hey," she said trying to sound confident. But it was evident in her voice, how tensed she was.

"Let's go to the café?" he asked.

Though she wanted to, she said, "In about an hour? I really need to go over these portions."

He nodded his head with a smile.

As they walked side by side, he felt excited. Sure, they had walked like this a thousand times before. But this was different.

Today it's different. He thought.

And then he felt something else. He looked down and saw his and her hands just a few centimetres apart. It had already touched about two times while they walked.

Should I just-? He felt confused.

Maybe I should.

He took in a deep breath and decided to go for it. Just then, she put both her arms in her jacket pocket.

"It's chilly today," she said, and he noticed her face turn red like a tomato.

"You want my jacket?" he tried to be a perfect gentleman.

"No no," she turned to him and waved her hands, "Then you'd be cold!"

"That's true," he said looking down.

As they walked side by side, he suddenly turned to her and asked, "Is your bag heavy? Should I carry it for you?"

"No. No Jungoo. That's fine. I can carry them," she smiled at him. As soon as he'd look at her, she'd look away.

After a few seconds of silence, she asked him, "How was your day?"

"It was okay," he replied with a smile looking at a distance.

"Anything new?" she asked again.

"Not really," he lied.