Chapter 12

Amelia sat in front of him. Both her palms on her lap as she waited for a very concentrated Jungkook to look up at her. Her palms were getting sweaty and she wiped them off on her clothes. Hearing a sigh she looked at him and saw him placing his phone back on the table.

She waited but he didn't say a word. Losing her patience, she asked, "So?"

"So what?"

He asked her, acting clueless.

"What did you think?" she asked again.

"About?"

"Jungkook!"

He snickered at her reaction and said, "You are so easy!" then added, "but I loved it."

Her eyes widened as she asked him, "Really?"

He nodded his head with a smile. He said, "I don't know what you sent last time, but this one is very good."

"Thank you," her shy form amused him. Eyes disappearing into thin lines while she smiled, just like his did, he observed her.

"You are welcome. When are those results coming out? The one you have already sent?"

"Actually, they should have contacted me the day before yesterday. I'm a little worried now," she replied, her bows furrowed.

"It shows on your face," he said with a smile.

"Does it?" she asked him.

When he nodded, she buried her face in her palm and said, "I thought just in case last one doesn't work out, I could try sending them my new work."

"Is that why you wanted me to read it so soon?" he asked pointing at her phone.

She nodded. Just then her phone vibrated. Unlocking it immediately she read the content and started typing. Something struck him and he said, "Show me the file again?"

"Just a second," she replied without taking off her eyes and fingers from the screen.

Jungkook eyed her with curiosity.

"Amelia?" he called her. Upon getting no response he called her again.

"Aami?"

"Hmm?" she hummed in response. Watching her get busy in her own world, he said, "Nothing."

He stood up, grabbed his bag and said, "I'm going to work."

"Okay," she waved at him her eyes and fingers still on her screen. Feeling uneasy, he walked away.