Synthetic

I didn't leave my bedroom that night.

Or the next day. Despite the constant knocks on my door and my mother begging to come in. My dad stopped by a few times but we were the same. He knew when I didn't want to be bothered, that it was best to not push. Tj tried to talk to me through the door but I just gave him a teary shook "Go away" before going back underneath my blanket to shield myself from the sun beaming into my bedroom. I had missed calls and text messages from everyone...except for Joel. He saw what I was... and it terrified him enough to not even bother talking to me. I don't blame him. If my best friend's face turned into a monster, I'd be running to the nearest post and off to the hills after I ran my fat mouth. But so far...nothing indicated he had said anything about it to anyone. At least I didn't have to worry about that problem just yet.

Monday rolled around and my alarm for school went off but I just shut it off and didn't make a move to get out of bed. No one had knocked on my door through the night, whenever I was awake or had cried myself into a power nap before waking up again from the nightmares that plagued my mind. I felt so numb...but at the same time I felt everything. I felt like I was being jabbed at over and over every single time I had thought about seeing them together. I tried not to think about it but it just kept coming back into my head. I didn't want to feel anything anymore. She had tried to call me most. But I just watched it ring until I turned my ringtone off and set my phone to silent. I didn't have to see her name or the picture I had set for her. It was of me and her last holiday. We looked so happy to be together.

Monday morning turned to Monday afternoon, which then became Monday night. My mom had tried talking to me again but I just ignored her. I could hear how upset she was but I couldn't bring myself to talk to anyone. There was no point. I caught her cheating on me with one of my best friends. There wasn't enough time or words in the world to explain how fucking hurt I was. My mom said a quiet goodnight to me and told me she loved me. My eyes had watered yet again but I just closed them and wished for eternal darkness.

Tuesday morning rolled around and my alarm once again had went off

Tuesday morning rolled around and my alarm once again had went off. I just quieted it and looked outside. The sun was shining, the skies were blue. It was one of those rare days where is was so beautiful outside that it almost felt like a new day. It was almost funny, I felt like the day was mocking me. It was a lovely day outside, yet it was storming inside of me. The world has a funny way of fucking with you.

I wanted to stay in bed, but my stomach was telling me to get the fuck up and eat. I haven't eaten anything since that night. My mom had left me outside my door but I didn't bother to go get it. The pain had blocked out any type of hunger I had. But it's been days, the pain couldn't even keep it out anymore.

I rolled out of bed and grabbed my nightstand to steady myself as a wave of dizziness hit me. I hadn't gotten out of bed much besides to use the bathroom. So I was definitely not in a healthy state right now.

I stumbled towards the door, keeping myself as steady as possible, and walked out into the hallway. It was quiet and dark. And colder out here. Being under a blanket for days really did a number on you.