Vinny

The first half hour of the journey was very silent. I had went from soft pants to silent tears, staring out the window as the city became heavily wooded and the land unfamiliar. Elizabeth was..strangely calm. I could feel it from her. It was weird because she was seconds away from ripping Tj apart. But it was almost like a switch. I was thinking maybe I had something to do with it. Or maybe she did care enough to listen to me. Either way, I was glad she didn't kill Tj. Or else we wouldn't have known about Vinny or any of what actually happened to me.

On the other hand, Tj was spared but for how long? How long did he have until...Sebastian found out about his betrayal? I've never heard of him actually killing anyone but I knew he was very well capable of it. Did he already figure out? He could be on his way to get me back as we speak and then the whole plan would fall apart. Joel would be surely killed, and I couldn't imagine what he would want with not one but two hybrids in his grasp. No matter what, one of us had to escape if it came down to it.

My mind had drifted back to the memory mixture. Tj said that it would only last every few months or so before it had to be reissued. Did that mean that all the hallucinations I had were my memories forcing themselves back into my head? Elizabeth had already confirmed the cave scene was indeed a memory of mine. The child's bedroom I saw had to be one as well. And if they had to keep giving it to me, how much memory did I actually lose, other than my childhood with Chris and Kade. How much after that was taken from me? I didn't even know what was real anymore.

I shook myself from my train of thought and heard Joel asking Elizabeth about her abilities.

"I told you I can manipulate magnesium" She said in a slightly irritable tone. I just stared out the window but still listened in.

"Okay but last I checked, that bloke back there wasn't made of metal little Miss Magneto. So how were you able to lift him up in there??" Joel said in a matter-of-fact tone. I heard Elizabeth sigh a bit.

"I may have saw it in a movie and decided to try it..." She said hardly and Joel started laughing with a clap of his hands.

"I knew it! You saw the X-men movie and used the iron in his bloodstream! That is genius! Absolutely brilliant love!" I smirked just a the finest smirk at his excitement and rested my head on the window and closed my eyes. I was glad that Joel was warming up to her. And I was also glad that Elizabeth hadn't tried to kill him. It was one less thing I was worried about because bringing Joel along wasn't exactly on the list. But..for some reason I was glad he was by my side. I felt safer that way.

I almost fell asleep until I felt the car come to a stop. I jumped awake a little bit and let my eyes adjust before noticing a sign that said Cedar RD. There were a series of houses that all looked the same on the outside. It was a seeming normal neighborhood to me. It was unfamiliar territory to me. I never really traveled outside of Leeds before. Elizabeth was undoing her seat belt. Joel and I started to follow in pursuit but Elizabeth held her hand up to stop us. We looked at each other in confusion before looking at her.

"Wait here. This guy is paranoid as fuck and I don't want him getting the wrong idea when he sees you guys with me. He may think you're cops or something. Just stay here.  It will only be a minute" She said before pulling out a suitcase from underneath the passenger seat. I raised an eyebrow but then remember we were doing something illegal. Joel shrugged and sat back.

"Okay" I said and she got out, walking down the sidewalk and to a house that was a few houses down. It was then I noticed a man standing outside. He was dressed in all black and had his hands folded across his front side. Elizabeth held the case up and opened it. Whatever was in there made the guy nod before opening the door and letting her in. But he didn't follow her inside. Instead, he closed the door and went back to his previous motionless stance.