69.

RACHEL'S POINT OF VIEW
(Trigger warning)

"Okay sit up here and we will check the baby" the doctor says with a smile I sit up on the bed as Anne Marie sits on the chair next to me. I pull my jumper up revealing my small bump.  She puts the cold jell on my stomach and starts checking the baby. I take Anne Marie's hand in mine.

"I hear nothing" I say tears falling from my eyes as I look at the doctor and then at Anne Marie who has tears forming in her eyes.

"Im so sorry Mrs Simpson we can't find a heart beat. I'm so sorry for your loss." the doctor says putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I will give you a minute" she says and walks out of the room leaving me and Anne Marie.

I start crying. "I'm an awful mother" I say looking at Anne Marie who has a tear falling from her eye.

"Sweetie no your not never think like that. Your the strongest. You are the most wonderful mum in the world." Anne Marie says bringing me into a hug.

The doctor knocks and comes back in.

"What happens now" I whisper breathing heavily looking at the doctor.

"We will give you an injection and you will have to give birth just like you would normally would I know that will be very hard" the doctor says frowning

I shake my head.

"I can't do that without Brad" I say looking at Anne Marie

"I'm so sorry Mrs Simpson but if we don't give you the injection your life will be at risk" the doctor says

"Rachel you know what Brad would want you to do" Anne Marie says and I nod.

"I have to phone him though" I say getting in a panic

"We will phone him don't worry. I will phone joe and get a hold of him." Anne Marie says brining my hand into hears again.

"Is if okay if you give us another minute so I can phone my son the father" Anne Marie says and she nods and leaves us.

I take my phone out of my pocket and I tap on Brads number. No answer. I phone again no answer. I phone again no answer.

"He will be on stage" I say in a panic.

"I will phone joe okay" Anne Marie says and I nod.

She takes me phone and calls joe

"Hi joe its Anne Marie I know the boys are on stage but your really going to have to get Brad." Anne Marie says

"Of course Anne what's happened? Is everything okay" joe says in a panic

"it's the baby" Anne Marie says tears falling from her eyes.

"Right okay I will go get him" joe says and I can hear him go backstage and get my son.

"Joe what are you doing we are in a middle of a show what's wrong" Brad says concerned sounding.

"It's your mum on the phone" joe says

"Ok thanks joe" Brad says

"Mum what's wrong we are in the middle of a show. Is everyone okay" Brad says through the phone.

"Darling it's Rachel here she is"
Anne Marie says through the phone and I pass the phone to Rachel. She will want to tell him. I don't know if I could go through telling my son his baby has died this will break his heart. It's going to break both there hearts.

"Brad" I stutter trying to hold back the tears.

"Rach what's wrong" Brad  says concerned

"It's the baby" I say though the phone

"What about the baby Rachel tell me what's wrong" Brad says in a panic.

"Our baby died Brad I hate myself and I bet you hate me to now I have to give birth to the baby I can't do this Brad  I can't I can't do this without you"I put my hand on my bump as I cry through the phone.

"Don't you dare don't you dare it is not your fault I would never ever hate you I love you with all my heart I'm going to stay on this phone okay and I'm going to come home tomorrow" Brad  says through the phone I can tell he is crying.

The doctor walks in again with an injection stuff in her hands I'm gonna do this now. The doctor injects it into my hand. My heart begins to race.

"Rach are you okay" Brad says through the phone.

"No are you" I ask

"No" Brad whispers

"It may takes hours before you go into labour but it should be fairly soon I will be back shortly to see how you are" the doctor  says I nod and she leaves.

"I wish I was there by your side" Brad says crying

"I know"I cry too

" I'm working on getting a plane home in a few hours" Brad says taking a deep breath.

"Ok" I say Anne Marie takes her hand in mine. I put my phone on speaker and me Brad and Anne Marie just talk for a while.

Pain begins to form in my tummy. I put my hand on the bump. Tears form in my eyes. I'm not ready I'm not ready. I can't do this.

"Brad, Anne Marie my stomach it hurts it really hurts please make it stop" I cry grabbing Anne Marie's hand holding it tight. 

"I'm gonna get a doctor okay" Anne Marie  stood up panicking

"No don't leave me" I shout scared as she got to the door she looked at me with bloodshot eyes she  opened the door and shouted for a doctor and came to my side again.

"Rach your okay I'm here" Brad says through the phone.

"I'm never going to leave you ever" Brad whispers through the phone
Whispers in my ear I cant concentrate I am in to much pain I want it to stop I can't I can't do this.

"Brad I'm scared" I cry

"Shh don't be scared it's going to be okay" Brad says and I know he is crying.

That was when I had to give birth to our baby.