71.

BRAD'S POINT OF VIEW (Trigger warning)

I run into the hospital to the reception. "Hi where is Rachel Simpson room" i say taking a breath

" are you family?" The receptionist asks

"I'm her husband" I say getting a bit annoyed.

"She is just down the hall room 29" the receptionist says I thank her and run down to room 29.

I reach the door and mum is standing outside.

"Mum" I say as my voice cracks as tears form in my eyes. Mum rushed over to me and brings me into a hug.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay" mum whispers

"Where's Rachel" I ask

" she is in there with your baby" mum says and my heart breaks.

"Can I go in" I ask mum and she nods.

I knock on the door.

"Come in" I hear my beautiful wives broken voice say. I open the door and I see her holding our baby.

"Brad" she says tears falling from both our eyes. I walk over to her and I kiss her and bring her into a hug.

I look down at our baby and more tears fall. It feels like my whole heart is breaking.

" she has your nose" Rachel says with a small smile.

I smile looking down

"She" I ask

"It's a girl " Rachel says looking up at me with a smile.

"What do we name her" Brad says getting in a panic tears in his eyes.

"Let's not think about that right now okay" I whisper

"I love you" I whisper kissing his head softly.

Rachel takes my hand in hers and I notice the necklace.

Rachel sees that I'm looking at the necklace.

"So we are always with her" Rachel whispers I kiss her head.

Rachel passes our beautiful baby girl to me. I hold her tiny body in my arms and I sit next to Rachel on the bed.

I look at her for a minute taken in all her beautiful features.

"She has your mouth" I smile looking at Rachel

"I bet she would have your smile too" we both smile as tears fall from our eyes.

" she would have been the most beautiful girl in this world just like her mummy and big sister " Rachel says putting her head on my shoulder I kiss it softly. And close my eyes for a second.

"she would have kept us on our toes" I say taking a deep breath.

" we would have played football together with Noah, and your uncles and with lexi. I would have played dolls with you even though it's not my favourite thing to do " I say looking at her beautiful face.

" and we would have made special breakfast with lexi and Noah for mummy's birthday" i say tears falling from my eyes.

"you would have loved Olly" Rachel whispers taking her tiny hand in hers.

" one year me you and lexi would have gone on dad and daughter holiday just us treating my girls. But of course then taking Noah by himself another time. I would have protected you so much from this horrible world" I say as me and Rachel let out small laugh tears still falling from our eyes.

" we would have been so proud of you watching you grow into a beautiful young women" I cry

" but you have a different path and where ever that takes you never forget that I'm your daddy" I cry

" I will always be thinking of you and loving you and missing you" I try to say while crying. I squeeze Rachel's hand.

I bring her closer to me and I kiss her head. And bring her to my chest.

"You sleep tight our beautiful girl" I cry

" we love you" Rachel whispers as she kisses her head we put her back into the cot. I wrap my arms around Rachel and she wraps her arms around me " I love you" I cry  " I love you too" Rachel cries we hold each other and we cry.