Amnesiac

Shuichi had rolled up to Hope's Peak a week later. Something about the place seemed... familiar to him. He hadn't got his memories back, to Kirigiri's dismay.

The purple haired detective had become Shuichi's mentor, since they both had the same talent. But Shuichi suspected that wasn't the only reason.

He entered the school, even though his legs were still sore. His back had to have multiple surgery sessions, but he could walk rather fine.

The dorms were on floor 9. He noticed that the other students had dorms lined up, side by side on either side. The left were the boys dorms, Shuichi figured, seeing his name on that side.

"Heyyyyy!" Another boy must of leaped on him as Shuichi was opening the door. The boy was on top of Shuichi, smiling. Shuichi winced at the pain as the boy got off, almost apologetically before smiling and giggling again.

"You must be new! Geez, they told me about you, but I didn't think you'd dress so formal!" The boy pointed to what Shuichi was wearing, a black old uniform that Kirigiri had given him.

"Hey..!" Shuichi didn't really know what to say. ".... Who even are you?" he asked.

"Me? I'm Kokichi Ouma, the ultimate supreme leader! Leader of an organisation with over a million members, and soon-to-be leader of the world!" He shouted enthusiastically. He leaned closer to Shuichi, holding his hand to Shuichi's chest. "You could be my second in command if you pledge your loyalty right now!"

"Umm.... No?" Shuichi awkwardly stated, trying to slide into his room. "Kay, well maybe later. I'll see you later!" The boy ran off as Shuichi closed his door, locking himself inside the room.

That was..... Weird.

Shuichi's room was more like a hotel room than a dorm. He had a queen size bed with high quality sheets and silk pillows. He had a large TV on a dresser, across from the foot of his bed.

There was a oak bookshelf near the entrance, indented into the wall. Near his TV was a balcony, overlooking the school.

Shuichi noticed a golden plate on the TV and went to inspect it. 'Donated by sponsor: Byakuya Togami.'

Shuichi thought about this for what was probably a maximum of two seconds before getting a book from his bookshelf and jumping onto his bed.

A horror and mystery limited edition of my favourite book? How rich is this school.

From what Kirigiri had told him, it was the most elite school in Japan, so in reality, he shouldn't be too surprised.

Ding dong, bing bong

Shuichi looked up from his novel, noticing outside was dark. "Wh- what time is it?"

The screen seemed to answer that. It echoed out. 'It is now 6 pm. All students report to the dining room for dinner.'

Shuichi got up, putting his book down delicately near the TV.

He stepped out, noticing the boy from before skipping down the corridor. "Heyyyyy! Detective boy! Walk with me to dinner!" Kokichi yelled.

Shuichi nervously smiled and nodded, walking up to the purple haired boy.

"By the way, you still haven't told me your name." Kokichi leaned his head in front of Shuichi, still walking and keeping pace with him.

"My name is Shuichi Saihara. I'm the ultimate detective.." he replied.

"Ya, I know that." Kokichi turned his head ahead again.

".. Then? Why would you?? Ask???" Shuichi looked at Kokichi as he stopped walking.

"Huh? I don't know." The short boy put on his best innocent look before Shuichi walked on ahead.

"But we can still be friends, right Shu Shu?" Kokichi pleaded. "I don't wanna be stuck in a space ship with some random and someone who wants to kill me."

".... What even are you talking about??" Shuichi asked.

Kokichi's eyes widened. "Wait wait, hold up.... Shuichi, do you know why you're here?"

Shuichi took a step back. "Uhh, what do you mean....?"

"Oh my god. You- you actually don't know...?" Kokichi's face slowly morphed from a shocked look to a nervous smile. "You- you're kidding right..?"

Shuichi took another step back. "..?"

"No, of course you're kidding...." Kokichi still grinned before his expression changed drastically. His eyes seemed to lose all meaning and if you looked into them, you would know the true definition of fear. His smile was replaced with a neutral expression.

"You know... I hate liars. Like you. Don't ever lie to me again." Kokichi then walked away, leaving Shuichi in fear.

Shuichi walked to the dining room alone, seeing a bunch of empty tables. It was disturbing, and made Shuichi wonder about Kokichi's statement. He didn't understand what the kid was talking about.

Why are there so many empty tables...?

He saw Kirigiri waving him to a room to the side of the dining hall. "Sorry, we haven't changed that announcement yet. The actual dining room we'll be using is in here."

Shuichi kept that in his mind as he entered the room. He knew that his mentor was hiding something and he knew that he'd lost his memories.

He kept those fact in his mind for later. He was a detective, he'd solve this mystery.

And... Ouma's statement from before was suspicious...

The room had a singular table, streaching nearly the whole length of the room. A brown haired boy wearing a matching suit to Kirigiri was up one end of the table. Kirigiri sat next to him, another girl sat on the other side of him with brown haired and what Shuichi can only describe as a enthusiastic attitude as she balanced a donut on her finger, showing off to Kirigiri.

At the other side they had golden nameplates for students. Kokichi was leaning across two chairs, picking at his food with a fork. Another boy was sitting across from him, working on writing in a book.

"Uh, hi. " Shuichi approached the table. His nameplate was on the seat Kokichi was leaning over. The unknown boy looked up, smiling at him. Though something seemed off about his smile. "Hi."

"Hi. My names Shuichi Saihara." As he was introducing himself, Shuichi tried moving Kokichi's feet off his seat, only to be meet with a disgruntled Kokichi now on the floor.

"How dare you!" Kokichi yelled before he started crying and turned to the mystery guy. "Kiiboooooooooooo. The new guy pushed me off the seat!"

Kiibo frowned. "Kokichi, you pushed yourself off the seat. He only pushed your legs"

"You should have just asked me to move. Geez." Kokichi glared. "Plus, this isn't your seat."

".....it kinda is......" Shuichi stated.

"I don't see you're name on it!" Kokichi angrily exclaimed.

"It's... Right on the back...." Shuichi pointed to the back, slowly getting annoyed by Kokichi.

"Hah. Well, guess what. I can't read and I don't believe you!" Kokichi folded his arms, shutting his eyes and turning his head away from Kokichi.

"Shuichi, just sit over here. It doesn't matter whose chair you sit in, and it's better than picking a fight with Ouma. He lies all the times and is generally frustrating." Kiibo stated, turning back to his homework.

"I never lie! I hare liars!" Kokichi exclaimed.

"Thanks." Shuichi pulled his chair out next to Kiibo, sitting down and eating.