Bro, We're Getting Somewhere

"Hah-" Tsumugi was thrown to the floor before she could even comprehend what was happening. Her cosplay quickly switched from the innocent Komaru to Tsumugi as she got thrown to the floor

Rantaro leaned over her, his face twisted in disgust. He'd heard about all the things she'd done, as well as right now, threatening his new friends life.

'She's a monster.' Rantaros eyes seemed to darken. With all he'd heard and all he'd seen come out of her actions, she was no longer human. Anybody who lacked any kind of empathy or guilt was a monster.

"What do we do now?" Rantaro broke out of his hatred filled trance to see a nervous Kiibo. He was trying his best to help hold her down but, really, the best he was doing was getting in the way. Rantaro could handle this.

"Get the two downstairs. They can't hear us from up here for some-"

"-Rantaro..?" Kiibo nervously interrupted before assuming a braver face. "It appears Shuichi has... escaped."

"Those were military knots, how?" Rantaro glanced back and sure enough, Shuichi had gone.

Rantaro narrowed his eyes, glaring at Tsumugi. The girl had put a wild expression on her face, and much to Rantaro's increasing anger and concern, stuck her tougue out.

The green haired boy sighed. He had too much to deal with, and Shuichi could be anywhere. Also there was the fact that Tsumugi was the same strength as him and could easily overpower him if she realised.

Kiibo was still at his side waiting for instructions.

"..." He could easily get overpowered and killed if it wasn't for Kiibo here. But the fact Shuichi has escaped meant they were all in trouble. Including Maki and Kaito. Who, although they didn't expect it, were pretty well off, due to Maki's assassin training

Knock

'What was that??! Probably Shuichi moving downstairs.'

"Kiibo." Kiibo turned to him as he spoke. "Can you stay here."

"What-"

Kiibo was stronger and heavier than Rantaro. He'd manage. Maki would also be fine. Rantaro got off Tsumugi, still pinning her down, as they both swapped positions.

Knock

Something clattered to the floor from downstairs.

"What are you doing, wouldn't it be better to stick together." Kiibo asked. Rantaro got up.

"I'm not leaving." Rantaro spoke with a heavy voice. "If Shuichi attacks we need something to defend ourselves with."

"Looking for weapons then?"

"Yeah." Rantaro picked up a worn looking baseball bat from the wall in Toko's room. He weighed it in his hands. Perfect.

'I should get something for Kiibo too.' Rantaro looked around the room a little more, not noticing something come up behind him.

"Rantaro?" Komaru's voice echoed from behind him as he jumped up with fright, swinging his bat around to face her. The bat was between him and her and ready to swing.

Rantaro couldn't quite see Kiibo or Tsumugi from where he was, but he wasn't an idoit. He leant from his mistakes. Tsumugi was a shape-shifting demon, it was as likely this was her as it was as likely to be the real Komaru.

He pointed the bat at her. "Tell me something only Komaru would know." In truth, he didn't actually know anything about Komaru, someone else should be in this position.

"I... was second in my class for swim team tryouts?" Komaru joked before jolting up at another loud smash from downstairs. "What the hell was that?!"

Rantaro kept the bat between them. "Tsumugi and Shuichi are evil and they're both here. Kiibo should have a hold on Tsumugi outside... if you're not Tsumugi."

"What do you mean?" The door burst open behind her.

"Don't listen to her, she's tricking you!" Komaru came in, out of breath.

Rantaro blinking, his mind processing the situation. He had two Komaru's in front of him.

"Who are you, what's happening?" The first Komaru shouted at the second.

"I'm Komaru Naegi, and you aren't going anywhere Tsumugi." The second spoke, before glancing at Rantaro and glancing down at his bat. "I have the cure, just get rid of this fake and we can save Shuichi."

"You're the fake, excuse me!" She glancing at Rantaro. "I don't even know whats happening, I just got home."

'Who do I trust... They both seem guilty and panicked. Though if I was in the same situation, I'd be panicked too. And what happened to Kiibo.'

"Uhm..." The falter in Rantaro's voice gave his indecisiveness away as he held the bat defensively. "First off, I'd like you both to back away please. And can I get Kiibo in here please."

"I passed Kiibo knocked out as I came up here. Even when I tried to wake him up he wouldn't budge." The first spoke.

"I saw him knocked out too." The second spoke, glaring at the other. "Except I saw this one knocking him out, as Tsumugi of course."

Rantaro didn't know what to believe.

He held the bat closer to himself.

He wanted to trust both.

That was impossible.

"What did you say about a cure?" He asked. Maybe this was the answer.

"There's no cure, she's shitting with you so you'll believe her." The first chimed out, irritated. "Let's just leave, we need to find Shuichi."

"I do have a cure, it's right here!" The second Komaru held up her hand to reveal a sparkling greenish gold liquid.

Smack.

The first Komaru knocked it out of her hands, only for it be caught by Rantaro, who quickly dived for it, still holding the bat in one hand.

He stood up, tucking the vial into his back pocket and facing Tsumugi head on. She had transformed back now, and her skin looked all irritated and dishevelled.

"Give me that!" She tried grabbing it out of Rantaro's hand only to be stopped by Komaru.

"So you're the fake." Rantaro muttered, before glancing at Komaru.

"See if you can get the vial to Shuichi." He nodded at her before turning back to Tsumugi.

"I've wanted to do this for a very long time." He whispered, before swinging the bat at her head, knocking her out and causing some blood to pour out.

Tsumugi didn't even have time to react, thinking Rantaro was too chicken to actually knock her out.

The green haired boy passed a knocked out Kiibo on the stairs. He picked the boy up in both arms and headed downstairs.