Hope

"Hope vs despair....

Its always been relevant, as far as I could remember."

Shuichi looked at Kokicki. He was about to ask when Kokicki got so poetic, but decided again it. He needed to find this information out, even if that means coping with Kokicki's over dramatic nature for more than two seconds.

"This school. This blasted, hell wretched school started it.

Everyone knew that Hope and Despair would eventually come into contact with each and taint each other. Hell, they'd seen that with wars and murder.

But nobody - absolutely nobody - thought that the center of despair would start at the ironically named Hope's Peak."

Kokichi leaned towards Shuichi, his eyes sparkling like a little kid.

"Have you heard of a person named Junko Enoshima."

"N.. No.. Am I meant to know her?" Shuichi took a step back.

"Everyone knows who that is." Kokicki's voice was deadly though his eyes stayed fixed on Shuichi. "Some called her the most despairful creature in history. She was the one who started all this... The end of the world."

"The end of the world?" Shuichi questioned.

"Yes. Keep up!" Kokicki demanded.

"It happened when I was a kid.

My...." he paused on this word, his eyes glazing over. "My adoptive brother was attending Hope's Peak at the time..."

Shuichi felt sad for the poor boy. What could he say though. He didn't know, or remember, enough to be useful.

"Then what...?" Shuichi asked.

"Hope's Peak died. Half the students there.... We're forced to commit suicide.

The other half tried to escape, or barracide themselves in. One class.. Fell to despair."

Ouma stopped again. "I don't want to fall into despair...." he whispered under his breath.

Shuichi tried to comfort him by putting his hand on Kokicki's shoulder. "..You won't."

Kokichi glanced at Shuichi, surprised the male had heard him.

"The whole world was in despair for 3 years.... 3 whole years of my life were spent running, hiding, and hoping that my family members had survived...

And I'm jealous... You don't have to remember all that..

It would be nice for someone to just take my memories away... "

Shuichi noted they were getting off topic., "What happened then...? How'd the world get rid of despair... And Junko"

Kokichi looked up at him. "There was no getting rid of her. She'd uploaded her to AI and was trying to infect everyone with despair in that form..."

"Then what?"

"Then... We're here.. Present day!" Kokicki jumped up, shaking off the sullen look he had worn just moments earlier. He now had an eager smile.

"Here! We're getting into the deep conversation, and I haven't even known you 24 hours!"Kokicki smiled at Shuichi childishly.

"You want me to show you around the spaceship!?" Kokicki asked.

"Spaceship? You've mentioned that before actually..." Shuichi said.

"Yeah! When everyone gets here, we'll get to go to space!" Kokicki ran off, gesturing at Shuichi to follow him.

S-space!? That's a little extreme..