Truth

"Well, we're going anyways! Kirigiri already said that she'd speak to me about it." Ouma argued.

"Well, that doesn't mean both of us need to go! You go, and I'll stay here." Shuichi replied.

The two stood arguing in Ouma's room. Shuichi looked like he was on the brink of tears.

"No. We need you as bait. Plus, you said you'd do it!"

"When the hell did I say that Kokicki?"

"You said we'd be equals. That means doing stuff together.... And plus" he slyly smirked at Shuichi. "You do want to get your memories back right...?"

"What if... I don't want to remember..." Shuichi asked.

"Wh- why not..?!" Kokicki puzzled.

"I don't know what they are. For all I know.... They could have been traumatic..." Shuichi glanced down.

"What makes you say that...?"

"I... Remember bits and pieces when I go to sleep. Last night, I had a nightmare... My family... Wasn't the nicest..."

"Oh...." Kokicki didn't know what to say.

"In the dream, I was constantly being beat up. By.... My dad??" Shuichi continued. "No. I don't think it was my dad. It looked alot like him though. Like my dad's evil twin."

Shuichi crumbled his face up. "I... I don't know if I'm ready to deal with this."

Kokichi stayed silent. Then... He hugged him...?

"I don't know if this is working... Or anything.... But I won't force you to come if you don't want to..." Kokicki said in a comforting voice.

Shuichi sniffled. "You're..... Lying..."

Kokichi hugged him tighter. "This is the most truthful thing I have ever said.. I promise..."

Shuichi stopped. Kokicki assumed he was stopping crying but no. He had stopped moving.

"Shuichi...?" Kokicki asked. Kokicki pulled himself away from the hug, staring at Shuichi. Something was wrong.

"Was it something I said...?" He asked the frozen boy.

"He.... Said that too...." Shuichi said emotionless.

"Who? Who said that?" Kokicki pressured him.

"My f.... Frie......." Shuichi slowly stated moving again, crying even more.

Kokichi attempted to calm him down. But he wouldnt stop.

Suddenly Shuichi pulled Kokicki into a hug. A tight one too.

"Th.... Th.... ank...you...." He cried out between tears.

"Umm... You're welcome..." Kokicki returned the hug.

"Do you remember what happened." Shuichi shook his head.

"Oh.. Wait... But why did you break out crying?" Kokicki asked.

Shuichi looked around, his eyes darting from side to side as he weighed his options. "Can we talk.... About it another time.. ?"

"No. Tell me about it now Shu-Shu!" Ouma demanded.

"..." Shuichi sighed. "I don't remember what happened in my past... But that phrase.. 'I promise.'

It has a dangerous meaning to me."

"Stop being so cryptic and just tell me what happened!" Ouma swung himself onto his bed.

"I just said, I don't remember."

"Well, can you explain it better than. Like, what you said before."

Shuichi sighed again. "What you said brings back memories of pain, betrayal and longing. I don't know who said it in my past. And... I don't want to know."

"Look, Shuichi. What every happens when we go out there, what ever ultimates we need to recruit, we need you as bait. And..." Kokicki's expression softened. "I won't let anything happen to you..."

Shuichi looked up. "..."

He glared at Kokichi for a few seconds before making up his mind. "Fine. But I'm not gonna like it."

"You'll love it Shu-Shu!" Ouma paused, about to add 'I promise' before remembering the pain it caused Shuichi before.

"O.. Okay!" Shuichi straightened his back, a forced smile on his face, and his eyes gleaming. Kokicki tried not to laugh at how silly he looked. "Let's do this."

"Kay. Let's ask Kiri!" Ouma jumped off the bed, dragging Shuichi out along the hall.

"Haha... Okay..." Shuichi smiled.

Knock knock

Ouma patiently waiting at Kirigiri's door for her. The door opened, with Kirigiri meeting them with a patient smile.

"Hello Ouma... What you do need?"

Shuichi frowned. Did Kirigiri mean to ignore him or what?

Ouma didn't notice Shuichi's expression. "Heyyyyy Kirigiriiii! So! About that idea of us finding ultimates..." He glanced at Shuichi. Shuichi smiled. Ouma turned back to Kirigiri "We both want to go now!"

Kirigiri turned her face to Shuichi. "Is that true?"

"Yes..."

"Hmm.." Kirigiri eyed him with a thoughtful gaze. Shuichi grew nervous.

"Is everything alright?" he dared to ask.

His words seemed to put Kirigiri out of her trance like state. "Yes. Everything fine."

Shuichi was about to argue with her that everything was obviously not fine before Ouma interrupted him. "You know Kiri.... I hate liars like you.... Tell us why you seem so secretive!"

Kirigiri's face went blank. "I'm not secretive."

"Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!" Ouma sang.

"Why do you two want to go anyway?" Kirigiri changed the subject.

"I told you alreadyyyyyy! Me and Shu-Shu - " Shuichi blushed at the nickname as Kirigiri looked curiously towards him. Ouma continued. "-have a plan to lure the ultimates out of hiding using Shu-Shu as bait!"

"You mentioned that yesterday...." Kirigiri pressed her finger up to her chin thinking. "...."

Kokichi glanced at Shuichi, winking. Shuichi slightly blushed, turning his head away to face the other direction. He wasn't sure why he was blushing.

"Fine. You know what, the world going to shot anyways, you guys can try your plan." Kirigiri eventually agreed before turning away muttering. 'I can't believe I just said that...'

Ouma cheered and hugged Shuichi, who was awkward accepting it. "Yay!"

As they walked away from the office, they pasted Kiibo. "Hey Kiibo! Guess what! Me and my beloved Shuichi get to find the other ultimates!" Kokicki shouted out, hugging Shuichi's waist tightly. Kiibo just sighed, rolling his eyes.

Kokichi clung onto Shuichi the rest of the day. He noticed that he would always seem to cover his back and neck, as well as avoid eye contact. Kokicki promised himself that he would help him with anything Shuichi needed help with.

And, if it came down to it, he would escape this planet full of despair with Shuichi.

A/N

I honestly don't have any idea of how I wanna end this, or what ships I want. I really want to end it soon, because I have a few drafts I wanna start but I don't know how to tie up the loose ends.

Well, I have ideas for some of them. If you have any theories, questions or anything just comment :)

Thank you for reading up to here and I hope to see you next update

Remember to comment and vote :)