Curse Reverse

It was a week until the first movement. The four students had been taking turn watching him in shifts, with Komaru and Toko often taking the night shifts and letting them sleep.

Komaru had phoned her older brother and he was informed of what happened. The group also found out that Tsumugi and Kaede had split up, but not much else. Makoto had a strong feeling that the recent break ins of local shops were caused by them, but the police hadn't been able to clarify anything.

Shuichi had been hooked up to an IBV machine in Toko's spare room. Rantaro had taken the shift when he first moved. It was just after dusk, and the green haired boy had turned on a lamp to help him stay awake.

He was just beginning to fall asleep when movement alerted him to the boy beside him. Rantaro looked at him, jolting awake. Maybe it was nothing, Rantaro thought.

As blueish black eyelashes fluttered open, Rantaro paused. Okay... Well this definitely isn't nothing. He remembered Maki's advice, but only slightly. Maki had told him to be extra cautious around the infected. He remembered Kaede's hostile nature when she woke, it was almost like a new person.

Shuichi wasn't fully awake yet, but he definitely was waking up. The boy tried pushing himself up on the bed, trying even harder after he slipped down due to blood loss.

Shuichi only then seemed to notice Rantaro. Rantaro had moved slightly up in his chair but not move dmuch from there.

The envy haired boys mouth opened and he tried to speak. When only a indescribable gargle came out, he looked surprised but coughing.

"..." Rantaro looked away. What do I say, like, what would you want to say to someone whose woken up from a coma and may or may not be evil??!

Shuichi's coughing fit slowed down as he began to regan his voice. Rantaro turned back, still unsure if this was real or what to say.

"Hey." Shuichi's voice was very breathy. He struggled to hold himself up, eventually snuggling into a holdable position and facing Rantaro. His smile was tight and hard to hold due to the blood pressure.

"... Hey..." The first thing he says is "HEY?!" Really? Whoa, okay.... Rantaro's mind was racing

Does he... remember anything..?

Rantaro stared at him until the dark haired boy got uncomfortable.

"What...? Do I have something on my face?"

Rantaro hadn't even thought about calling the others. Though it was probably a good idea, since they could do more than just sit and stare at him like Rantaro was doing.

"Uh, no, I'll just..." Rantaro debated leaving the room before remembering the Kaede incident. He'd have to call them up here. "..."

"..." Shuichi stared at him, a bit awkward, a lot confused.

"Uhm!" He shouted though the house, startling Shuichi a little bit. "Sorry." he whispered before going back to yelling. "Maki! Kaito! Everyone!"

Shuichi's expression got really confused.

I should probably get to asking him so questions.

He heard the others slowly getting out of their rooms. Well at least they were on their way if anything happened.

"... So do you remember anything?"

Shuichi looked to the side, his fingers reaching up for the place his hat was but finding nothing. "Yes. I miss my hat..."

"Huh? Wait, you actually remember something?!" Rantaro's eyes widened. "What do you remember!?"

"Uhm." He raised a finger to his chin. "I remember a lot actually. Alot more than the last time I had amnesia."

"Okay... Do you remember me?"

"Yeah." He chuckled. "The guy who escaped a school with me."

Oh thank god. It felt like a ton of weight was lifted off Rantaro's back. He was so relieved.

"Rantaro?" Keebo stood in the doorway, waiting for invitation. Maki and Kaito stood behind him, Maki trying to push herself in front.

"He's not infected!" Rantaro waves his hands up in a little show of joy much to Maki's judging gaze.

"Oh thank god." Kaito sighed. Maki finally pushed herself in front of Keebo and walked straight up to Shuichi's bed, staring over him coldly.

She turned back to Rantaro. "Are you sure he's not infected? You remember Kaede tricked us. Well, tried tricking us. He might be a little smarter.

"Infection..?" Shuichi looked between Maki and Rantaro in confusion before his eyes widened horrifically. "Wait, you don't mean... the one Tsumugi's spreading??"

Maki sighed. "Yep. That one..." She turned away. "At least we know he hasn't lost his memories."

Shuichi still had that horrified expression on his face. He tried jumping out of bed to no avail. "Wait, wheres Kokichi?!"

Rantaro shrugged. Maki guiltily looked down.

Shuichi's eyes narrowed. "Where's Kokichi?"

"I..." Maki began to speak before stopping herself. Rantaro gave her a glance.

"If you have any information Maki, you should share it." Rantaro told her.

Kaito and Keebo looked away. They knew full well what happened between Maki and Kokichi.

"I..." She stopped herself again after seeing Shuichi's determined face.

Shuichi sighed. "Just tell me..."

"I gave him to Tsumugi..." She looked away.

"..." Shuichi was silent. Then... "YOU DID WHAT?!"

"I- I gave him to Tsumugi, okay, I made a mistake! It was me or him, okay?!"

Shuichi was still in anger. "It shouldn't be. It should of just been you and him working together to take down Tsumugi. Now I don't know what the hells happened to him!"

"To be fair, she had Kaede on her side." Rantaro intergected. Shuichi glared at him.

"Kaede, the one who freaking abandoned me for? Oh yeah, that was fun, god, I can't believe I trusted you or Tsumugi!"

Maki sighed. "We're trying our b-"

"This literally has nothing to do with you Maki!" Shuichi shouted before going silent. "Sorry for raising my voice..."

Maki sighed before speaking. "It's fine. Reasonable response."

Shuichi sighed angrily before staring up at the group gathered before him. "Where do we start?"