Don't Trust Idoits With Corrosive Objects

Kirigiri was soon tossed out of her memory by a yelling Makoto.

"Coming, just a minute!" She yelled down the hall. She hoped that would reach him and turned back to Shuichi and Ouma, handing them the traumatised Tsumugi.

"Okay, you guys messed up a lot today, but I can trust you with Tsumugi, right? Her cells only a few blocks from here, I need to help Makoto get a team organised to fix your mistake." It was like she was talking to children. Shuichi nodded solemnly while Kokichi stuck his tougue out.

"You can trust us Mum!" He said, perhaps a bit overenthusiastically. Then again, I don't think Kokichi even knows what overenthusiastically means.

"Where is it." Shuichi looked up towards his mentors eyes.

"Room 305,shouls be down to corridor and to your left, if you get lost either call me or ask someone." Her eyes glittered between both of them before she frowned. "And don't mess up again."

"We won't!" Kokichi held his hands in front of him. "Right Shu-Shu?"

"Yeah..." Shuichi agreed quietly. Kirigiri finally ran down the halls, leaving Kokichi waving her off.

"Have fun!" The gremlin continued waving until they couldn't see her anymore. "You know, I actually think I like Makoto more than her."

Shuichi was taken aback. "Really... why?" He remembered the blue haired girl and grabbed her by the handcuffs.

They walked down the hall. "I don't know." Kokichi shrugged. "He's just... more energetic I guess?? Kiri's so uptight. Its boring."

Shuichi smiled. "It's like you're starting to think of them as mum and dad."

"Well of course." Kokichi smirked. "They are my mum and dad. Whyd you think I called them mummy and daddy all the time."

"I... thought you were an orphan..?" Shuichi stopped, still holding the girl but only gently.

"You're just jealous I call him daddy and not you." Now Kokichi's face has morphed into a full on smirk.

Shuichi swished his head away, facing the wall and not Kokichi. He started walking again, quicker than his normal walking speed.

Kokichi darted after him, giggling quietly. "Aww, is my Shu-Shi embarrassed?" He smiled innocently.

"How- how am I meant to react to that?!" Shuichi shook his hands in front of him. "What am I meant to say?? Yes???"

Kokichi laughed. "Everyone else does." he stated, trying to mask his growing smile.

Shuichi crossed his arms. "Who calls you daddy?"

With this, Kokichi fell to the floor, laughing his head off. Shuichi just seemed to realise what he said, covering his mouth.

"You know what I meant Kokichi." He stated down at the boy, who was still on the ground giggling.

"Ahaha, yeah yeah surrrre." Kokichi opened his eyes, seeing Shuichi standing over him. His hair was tossed by his uncontrollable laughter and he started getting up.

"God, I need to brush this now..." Kokichi held one of his hairs out, studying it.

"You brush your hair?" Shuichi's eyes were where Kokichi's fingers were as he also looked at his messy hair.

"Yeah...? Don't you?" Kokichi frowned.

"Yeah, I just... Well, I didn't really take you as that kind of type, you know?"

"No. I don't know. Who in their right mind doesn't brush their hair?"

Shuichi frowned. "I guess you're right..."

"I'm always right!"

"Yeah sure.." Shuichi closed his eyes, resting his hand against his face. He opened them again, realising something.

"Hey. Kokichi??"

"Yeah?"

"Wheres Tsumugi?"

"..."

The two looked at each other, purple eyes meeting black.

"uhhhhhhhhhhhh-" Kokichi started, his eyes wide, looking down the long corridor.

"oh god, kirigiri's gonna actually kill me, im dead." Shuichi started, catching the others attention.

"Hey, no, she can't have gone far, right? Shes a high school student, we're not that incompetent, right??" For how confident Kokichi usually acted, he seemed weirdly out of character. Though he was still trying his best to remain calm, he stumbled over some words, his chattering teeth going frenzy.

"Yeah... Yeah... Let's... Let's go look." Shuichi walked down the corridor, Kokichi quickly following him.

They checked every room, but there was no sight of the blue haired mad woman. That only left one place to check. Well, the only possible place she could have gone. And the worst place she could have gone.

"She must have left the facility." Shuichi raised his hand to his chin, staring ahead. Kokichi glanced at him.

"Yeah, no shit. Of course she's gonna do that... Ugh, I didn't sign up for this shit."

"Actually, if u remember correctly, you did sign up for this shit. You specifically signed up for this shit."

"Stop calling me outtttt." Kokichi pouted.

Shuichi sighed at his exaggerated behaviour, but stopped nevertheless.

"Where do you think she would have gone?" Shuichi asked. "Should... Should we split up?"

Kokichi shook his head. "I'm not dumb! That's how people in horror movies die."

"Fine. Well stick together-" Shuichi was cut off as he fell to the ground, an intense pain coming from his leg.

He looked up, craning his neck with all of his effort. It was her. Tsumugi Shirogane, holding a shining silver revolver.

Kokichi was frozen. One minute he was chatting (and flirting) with his partner in crime, next Shuichi was on the floor, bleeding out. He could barely absorb what was happening before a voice behind him caught him off guard.

"Well, well, well. The lovers." Tsumugi was standing behind him, a polished gun in hand, pointed towards Kokichi.  "You know, you two are cute together."

Kokichi grimaced. "What do you want? You obviously want something. Also, how did you even get out of those handcuffs?"

She laughed. It was psychotic. "Handcuffs? Those were easy. Especially if you have everyone distracted because of something you two forgot."

Kokichi grimaced again yet didn't say anything. This was his fault

Tsumugi took her eyes off Kokichi, instead they fell to the gun in her hand. She admired its handwork, tracing her finger of the ecthes and metal. "It would be a shame if something happened to my favourite pairing. But then against, angst does make more ships."

"What are you talking about?" Kokichi frowned, daring to step closer. He was stopped in his tracks by Tsumugi pulling the gun out directed towards him. She was fast, he knew he wasn't fast enough.

"I'm talking about you two." She pointed the gun towards Shuichi and then back to Kokichi. "I reckon, right now, he has about... What, an hour maybe? If he doesn't get medical help? Otherwise he's dead. See, in the exact spot I shot him, he's losing most of his blood."

"..."

"What do you want?"