A Toxic Memory

Shuichi hung out with Kiibo until the bedtime announcement rang. They'd talked about pretty miniscule subjects for the most part.

Shuichi had asked him if he remembered how he got here. Unfortunately Kiibo seemed to have the same problem as Shuichi, though not as major. He could remember his past life and 'parents' but he couldn't remember how he got there.

Shuichi turned off the light in his room, looking up at the clock. It was now 9pm.

He didn't feel tired, though he also didn't feel like reading.

He walked to the balcony, admiring the view. Wondering about his memories was stressful. He knew this school had secrets, he knew his very limited class were hiding something. But what?

He remembered when he woke up. Kirigiri had assured him he'd recover and get his memories back. He was essential in robbery. One of the key witnesses.

Kirigiri told him the case was very confidential and could potentially destroy the world.

Why am I stuck here then when I could be helping the world?..

Shuichi pulled a piece of notebook paper out of his book and grabbed a pen.

He would figure this out.

Shuichi grabbed a few pens, choosing a light greyish one to write down his theories with.

What do I know...?

Hmm. I know that Kirigiri is hiding something. And that I lost my memories... They were important...

There was an old annoucement that they played.. Maybe that'll tell me what they used to use this place for.

Or why it's so empty.

Kiibo and I don't know how we got here.. Which is definitely suspicious. Kokichi seems to know more than us, judging by his harsh reaction to me today.

Shuichi sighed.

That's mean I actually have to see him again.... Yay me...

By the time he was done, Shuichi was really tired. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit his mattress. There was a reason they were so expensive.

Beep beep. Beep beep.

The young detective woke up with his hair in a mess. His alarm was beeping but, as he opening his blurry eyes, he had no idea where it was.

Ahhh.

Shuichi looked to his bag. He still hadn't unpacked and the beeping was coming from in there.

Great, now I have to unpack....

He was still groggy and splashed some water on his face to wake himself up before digging through his bag for his alarm.

Beep be-

Finally..... Peace....

There was now a giant pile of clothes and random stuff on the floor from his bag. Shuichi spotted a blue mp3 lying on the ground near him, lying on top of some clothes.

Huh?... I'm pretty sure I would of remembered packing this... Is it a part of my lost memories... Or maybe a simple mistake, you should get ahead of yourself Shuichi.

It beeped and he put it up on his dresser for later, it was out of charge.

A knocking echoed through Kokichi's apartment. "Ughh... Who is it?! Leave me to die..."

The knocking continued as Kokichi remembered the walls were soundproof.

Ya think they would got rid of the soundproof doors after whatever Junko did... Guess not.

He grumbled a bit before getting out of bed.

Who the hell is coming here at 6 am...?

Ouma opened the door to a nervous Shuichi. He raised his eyebrow, staring up at the boy.

"Hey O-" "What do you want?" Kokichi interrupted him bluntly. He was too tired for shit.

"Umm.. What did you mean when you said you hated me for lieing......like,about the school?"

Kokichi stared at him. Shuichi nervousness grew as he began tapping his fingers together.

"Explain?" Kokichi said after a very long pause.

"Maybe, it might be better to explain it somewhere else...." Shuichi looked down.

"So you're saying... You want me, to go with you, to talk?" Kokichi said, putting emphasis on you. His expression still remained the same, he still gave Shuichi the same blank tired stare.

"We don't have to, we could stay here if you want. I just thought you looked tired and might want to sit somewhere. I need to ask some stuff."
Shuichi nervously apologiesed

"Come in then..." Ouma turned, hopping up onto his bed. He had checkered coloured sheets and black metal posters around the room.

".. Nice decorations" Shuichi noted. The purple haired boy looked up at them, seemingly noticing them for the first time.

"Oh. Yeah. Thanks." he replied. "What did you want to talk about?"

"What did you mean before... Like yesterday... When you said I was lying and you hated me..." Shuichi asked, nervously standing near the bed. Kokichi patted a hand on the blanket next to him, gesturing to Shuichi to sit up on the bed.

"I don't hate you. I hate lies." Kokichi grumbled. His expression suddenly changed to a more cheeky, fake expression, as if he was finally fully awake. "But who knows! That might have been a lie!"

"Listen, but what did you mean by that..?" Shuichi asked.

"...? I don't hate you???" Ouma was confused.

"No.... You said that this place was a spaceship? Or something about a spaceship?" Shuichi said.

"Oooh, right I did say that." Ouma smiled. "Like, I know they wiped Kiibo's memories, but how'd they wipe yours?"

"Wiped? Memories?? No, they're trying to get my memories back."

"Haha, yeah sure. Ya know..." Ouma smiled sadistically at Shuichi. "..That's exactly what they said to Kiibo."

"... What?"