Dude, What Am I Even Meant To Name These Chapters, Like Holy Hell

"So you're staying this girl... Tsumugi... Has killed Shuichi... Or like, turned him into a despair monster?"

Kokichi nodded shyly.

Kiibo held his finger to his mouth. "I'll call Kyoko then."

Kokichi waited on the bed while Kiibo called.

He was a mistake

Why didn't you save him?

He would be so disappointed in you.

You left him to die.

Kokichi turned his back to Kiibo, curling up. These thoughts wouldn't leave his head.

Kokichi heard they're whole conversation. It was torture. For him.

Click.

"She's on her way." Kiibo turned to Kokichi. "I say we get Kaito in here and wait it out."

"Kaito..?"

"Oh, you two haven't been introduced, have you? I'll get him." Kiibo opened the door before looking back at Kokichi. "Are you alright by yourself?"

"Dude, I'm the supreme leader, of course I am." Kokichi folded his legs, leaning back with his hands supporting his head.

Kiibo frowned, corcerned but left. The door slammed and Kokichi was left to his thoughts.

He could almost hear Tsumugi cackling. Yelling a thim, laughing at him! It was...

He didn't...

...

Kokichi curled up into his ball again. He didn't know how much time had passed, maybe a minute, maybe ten. But he heard shouting down the halls.

He shot up, hands on the doorknob. His primal fear shot through him. Cmon Kokichi, you're not a pussy, just open the door.

Yet he refused to.

He could hear words coming from the other side of the door and his blood boiled. It was Tsumugi's familiar pyschotic voice. Did she get Kiibo too?!

Kokichi wanted to push her to the ground and stab her. He wanted her to suffer, like Shuichi did. But the image of the consciousness draining from Shuichi's eyes stopped him.

Kyoko should be here, shouldn't she?! Then, I don't have to do anything!

But she won't let Shuichi survive if she's captured.

He pressed his ear to the door as she started speaking again.

"Kokichi! I know you're in here..! You don't have to do anything, just come outside and we can... chat about this." He heard a gun clicked and instantly softened his breathing, pressing himself tightly together.

"We don't have to resort to killing you know! You can just, like, hand yourself over and stuff. Killing is too out fashioned. You never saw Junko Enoshima use that shit! Well, she did, but she mainly used it to make other people kill each other."

Kokichi didn't even know what she was talking about now, something about Junko Enoshima? He stayed as still as possible, just hoping she wouldn't know where he was.

"You know, I have Shuichi still bleeding outside? I have places to be goddammit! Just give up or something."

He stayed still and waoted through a minute of silence, trying his best to not breath. He was scared, shaking against a wall.

He heard a voice call to Tsumugi, obviously a different one. Kyoko?!

She's here? Don't die Kyoko, I need you, I need someone to hug, someone to rely on. Most situations I can handle myself, but a girl with a gun who definitely wants me dead? I can't handle that.

Expecially after I've just seen my best friend bleed out...

The two voices seemed to talk for a bit. Huh?

She can't possibly be talking to Tsumugi?! Kyoko?

Kokichi stayed deadly silent. The voices eventually broke off from conversation, with Tsumugi speaking at normal volume again.

"Kokichi ~. Nows the last chance to reveal yourself, and win my pity! Otherwise my friend heres gonna shoot you on sight~"

What.

His door slammed open as a dark haired girl entered, twin tails falling behind her. Kokichi remembered this girl from when Shuichi and him had to capture Tsumugi. She was already restraining her the best she could.

Maki harukawa. The ultimate child caretaker.

Maki's eyes went wide at the sight of the shivering boy but they narrowed almost instantly. She pulled out a knife, holding it to his throat.

"Found him."

He heard footsteps prance down the hall. It would only be a matter of minutes before Tsumugi got here.

Kokichi tried talking to the girl while Tsumugi took her time getting there. "Is Shuichi safe?"

"Shuichi?"

"He was... bleeding out... Please tell me he's safe..."

Her eyes fidgeted away as her hand raised to her face.

"Shuichi... He's..."

She looked up into his distraught face. "He's... Fine..."

"F... Fine..?"

"... Yes..."

He glanced away. "You're lying... A liar can tell when other people are lying..."

"Fine! He bleed out in the grass an hour ago! Is that what you wanted to hear?"

Kokichi's breath hitched in his throat. "No he didn't."

Maki glanced to the ground. "He's still alive but just barely... That vial Tsumugi gave him somehow saved his life. Though I don't know if thats gonna help in the long run."

"So he's been infected..."

"..."

Tsumugi walked in. "Oh he's given in to despair already? He hasn't even been given his medicine yet."

"..." Maki stared at the floor. She knew not to question Tsumugi's words. She wanted to help this broken child.

Tsumugi pulled out a vial, injecting it into Kokichi. "Three out of three! Hey, what's the matter Makiroll?"

"..." She didn't want this absolutely crazy bitch calling her that. But... She couldn't do anything about it. She wanted to sign up for this so Kaede might remember her memories from before her despair. But that didn't happen.

Tsumugi left, carrying the unconceous Kokichi with her. Maki looked around, glancing at a phone on the wall. She only knew one non despair number, it would have to do.

She pressed in all the numbers, slightly hesistant on the last. Did she really want to do this? She wanted to do something didn't she.

Click.

"Hey Rantaro... I might need some help."

"What's up?"

"I fucked up."