Infectious

Korekiyo walked the green haired boy out of the basement. They talked about anthropology, and crytics on their way, and Rantaro had completely forgotten about the two girls, Kaede and Maki.

They reached the shop front again, Rantaro waving goodbye to Korekiyo and thanking him for warning him.

Rantaro ran along the concrete path, looking for the bathroom where he had left the two. He found it.

He waited outside. The air was cold and chilly. How long had he spent with Korekiyo?? It seemed like only a few minute but, as Rantaro checked his watch, he realised he had been gone for hours. It was already 4pm and the chilly afternoon wind was rushing through the city.

Rantaro sighed. He'd missed the best part of the day. He contemplated looking around the city for a bit but decided against. He was already shivering a bit, if he stayed any longer with this wind, he'd die of hypothermia.

The green haired boy caught a cab back to Kaede's. Her apartment was on the boudary of the conjested city, yet still in it. It was a long, silent drive to her house, with Rantaro and the driver not exhancing much words aside from the simple 'hi, hello' greeting.

He reached the apartment and unlocked the door. Kaede had given him a spare set of keys, just in case, and at moments like these he was thankful for her forward thinking.

The door opened to an empty apartment. Rantaro double checked that it was, indeed empty.

He pulled his phone out, checking for any texts from Kaede. While he was doing this, he didn't notice another, more short, person enter the room.

Rantaro felt the force of a whole human body push him to the ground. Something steel was pushed against his head and as it clicked, Rantaro could tell it was a gun.

"If you move, I'll shoot!" A voice came from above him. Rantaro tried pushing his head up but the figure pushed his head down.

"Don't move! Or I told you, I'll shoot!" The voice was getting frustrated, but it wasn't an angry frustrated, it was a childlike frustration.

"Who are you?" Rantaro asked. He tried to narrow his eyes up to see the figure but failed.

"Me? Your worst nightmare!" The voice replied, cackling like a maniac.

Another voice chimed in from the door. "Kokicki, don't scare him." Rantaro found the voice from the doorway more calm and in control than the one who was currently squishing his lungs.

'Kokichi... So that is this little shits name...' Rantaro thought.

Footsteps approached Rantaro and the green haired boy could see polished black boots facing him. The voice seemed familiar but he couldn't place it. Couldn't tell if it was male or female either.

"But Shu-Shu, I was just having funnnnnnn." The voice known as Kokicki whined.

"Kokicki, be more serious. We need to check if he's infected."

Rantaro remembered Ryoma's words. The government pitting ultimate's against other ultimates. 'So.... Are these guys ultimates?'

He didn't listen to the rest of their conversation until one of the two lifted his face up, putting a spotlight to his eye.

"He doesn't seem to be...? Geez, you expect to know everything Shu-Shu! How am I meant to know!" The one holding Rantaro up said before dropping Rantaro's head.

"Know,,, what?" Rantaro asked, a bit irritated from his head being dropped on the floor.

The two ignored him, and continued arguing between themselves.