Ooh! Tension!

"Danganronpa? Kaede, you're making no sense." The green haired boy put his hand on his hips. The tsudere one slowly gazed over me. I tried shrugging her off but she was way too strong.

"What did that freak do to you?" She held my shoulders out.

I don't remember.

"I don't know, okay. To be fair, I've never met you before in my life." I replied with hostility.

"Wh...." The girl was caught off guard. I smirked.

"Maybe we should introduce ourselves then? I'm Kaede... Kaede something or other, I don't remember."

"Akamatsu." The green haired boy replied.

"And you are..?" I asked.

"I'm Rantaro Amami..." He stared down then mumbled to the other girl. "I think we should get her to the hospital."

Hospital? I'm perfectly fine. I don't want to remember this bullcrap.

"She's gonna be dragged to Hopes Peak anyways. Whatever that vial was, it must have been urgent for you to come right away." The twintalled girl replied, ignoring me.

"And you are?" I was impatient. I'm not going to the bloody hospital. But maybe I can reason with these bitches just long enough to make my escape. Don't know how imma do that yet, but I'll figure out a way.

"Maki Harukawa...You're a lot ruder than before. Are you normally like this with strangers?" She asked. What the hell? This was my normal mood.

"..." I didn't answer. Wasn't sure what to say, this was a totally unfamiliar environment.

Maki sighed. "Were going to take you to the hospital, is that okay." She was talking like I was a child.

I need to get out of here.

I glanced around for an escape. There were a lot.

I wasn't as sneaky as I though however, as Maki's loose grip because tight and inescapable.

"You're not going anywhere. Where would you even go?" Rantaro tried to reason with me. These two were suspiciously nice, for someone as rude as me. Wonder what the fuck I must have done in the time I've forgotten for them to be this nice.

Though Maki was still holding me captive, so it was a win lose.

"Anywhere." I grunted irrationally. I really had no reason to be angry but I was. It just made me more irritated.

"You can come to the hospital." Rantaro stated.

"I....." I had a choice still. Though I'd look bloody stupid doing it.

...

Ill have to suck it up.

Maki was still gripping my shoulders. Rantaro had gone to get the car - I don't know why he though leaving me alone was a good idea.

"Maki..." I stepped closer to her and her hands tightened around her shoulders. I've never done this before. I know it'll work...

She didn't stop me. That was a good sign. I lifted one of my hands slowly up to her face. She couldn't do anything as both her hands were holding me back.

Ugh. I didn't want to do this anymore.

... But I have to.

My hand lifted to her face. She regarded it warely, but didn't really do more than that. Pitiful.

I stepped closer, slowly but surely. I stroked her cheek with the side of my hand. I softly smiled. Her hard stare had vanished and she was just regarding my hand with a curious stare. What was her name...?

I stepped even closer. "I didn't really lose my memories Maki..." My voice was a whisper only me and her could here. We were standing so close that I could smell her breath. It smelt of roses and bubblegum.. "I just wanted it to be you and me... No Rantaro..."

Maki let down her guard, letting her hands relax slightly and blinking. She let one of her hands draw to her face. "I.... Huh..? Kaede I didn't..... You're not..."

Nearly there. She has to let her full guard down. She could easily chase me down if I ran now.

Her gaze hardened. "But... You don't, do you... That was a lie... You haven't got your memory back... " She sighed, defeated. Her hands were still relaxed on my shoulders.

"You're right..." What was I doing..? "I'm not your Kaede. You're so easily manipulated. What must of Kaede put you through. So at the slightest mention of love she dismisses it?"

"... What are you saying..?"

I kept rambling my head off. "Your Kaede. Shes manipulating and cunning. Shes made it so she can easily control you, easily manipulate you. It's disgusting."

"... How is she manipulating me?"

"Through love... Or should I say hate. You secretly love her, yet she doesn't nothing about this."

Makis eyes widened and a blush started forming. "Wait, I dont-"

"Look." I reasoned with her. "It was plainly obvious to me after only a few minutes of being here. You can't say she hasn't noticed it. She just... Ignoring you..." I finished.

"I.... I knew it...! It was obvious she was ignoring me..." Maki sunk to the ground. "Everyone does... I'm just a fucking usable tool. I'm not a person... Just a fucking tool."

Maki stopped for a second, recounting her thoughts for a second before blurting out more violently. "Actually, no! The tools abandoned me too."

I was free. Maki was on the ground below me, crying and muttering useless words.

I didn't feel any empathy. I should walk off, right?

No.

She was a tool, like she said.

"You're a tool." I stated. She looked up. "Now that you've accepted that..." I put my hand on my chin. "Maybe you could come work with me..."

"..." Her eyes were tear glazed.

"You have nowhere else to go. Rantaros taking a while with that car... Oh wait, he's not really coming back, is he? I could read it all over his face. He wanted to leave, and leave you with me."

"I don't..." Maki stared down.

"Come with me..." I offered my hand to her. "You won't be worthless anymore."

"This is too much for one night-" She started.

I stared at her, slightly smiling. "Please."

She gingerly took it.