Chapter 20

I checked the text from him as I widened my eyes at what he said.

There's always a job for you here. Plus, you come back and I swear, I will give you so much better pay than what I gave you last time. We need you, you're better than all these other employers. You know the tricks when they don't. Reconsider this, sorry about last time.

Wow. Was it bad that I was actually reconsidering this? I did want my job back, it was the best I had and I had fun doing it.

I held off the text as I looked at Lauren's multiple texts of 'sorry.'

A call came as I answered it. "Camz, are you there?" Lauren's panicky voice came as I stayed quiet.

"Okay, that's fine. That's cool. I know you hear me so that's good. I'm so sorry, I jumped to conclusions. This is new to me too, dating a girl and especially dating a paparazzi. I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry, Camz." She finished off as I stayed quiet.

"Please say something."

"Who is it?" Liz mouthed to me as I told her who it was, Lauren.

"I have a class to go to, Lauren. Let's talk later." I said as I hung up and stuffed my phone in my pocket.

"Let's go." I stated as I started walking. Liz looked at me funny as she finally sighed and caught up to me, walking towards the campus building.

Liz and I departed to our desperate buildings as I slipped into class right on time as I quickly took a seat in one of the chairs in the front.

"You'll all be drawing something, anything, that comes to mind. Draw a thought, a person, an animal, scenery, anything. You may start as of now. All materials will be located at your stationery." The professor announced as we all got up and took a place as I stood in front of my canvas.

I knew exactly what I was thinking about. Exactly ..

-

"If you're finished, pack up and leave quietly." My professor announced as I stood back and looked at my canvas.

It looked beautiful, she looked beautiful. It was Lauren's face, I remembered many times of myself making Lauren grin widely and it was etched in my head.

It was a painting of Lauren from her waist and up as she was smiling brightly, looking to the side.

I titled it something simple. Happiness. True happiness.

"Good job, Camila!" I heard a voice behind me as I jumped a bit.

"Thanks prof."

"No, I mean it! Do you mind if I take this with me to an art gallery that's happening tomorrow?"

"No, no! That'd be amazing." I said, eyes filled with joy.

"Your name'll be on the guest list, just tell them your name if you'd like to come. West ave building."

-

I crashed down on my bed after taking a shower and drying my hair. It had been an eventful day.

I grabbed my phone and saw some texts from Lauren and a text from Dinah that just came in.

YOOOO OPEN THE FROOOONT DOOOOOOR.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I got up and went downstairs, as I looked around and saw Isabelle crashed on the couch, dozed off.

I opened the door as Dinah tackled me roughly and I stumbled back a bit but Dinah caught my back with her hand and pulled me forward before I fully fell.