Chapter 27; Part 2

It was now night and Lauren was leading me through a forest as I cautiously looked around.

Being in the woods was a scary thing. My grip on Lauren's hand tightened as I heard a sound.

"It was just an owl, Camz." Lauren laughed as I nervously laughed.

"Ha...yeah." I said in a low voice as I only gripped her hand tighter.

"Don't be so scared, it's just the woods."

"Thanks, Lo. Made me feel so MUCH better. Just the woods! Oh yeah." I exclaimed in a high pitched voice as Lauren let go of my hand and put her arm around my neck as she put her hand on my mouth.

"Shushhh. I'm here so don't be scared. It's fine here, I've been here." Lauren assured as I scooted a bit closer to her.

Lauren pushed some branches aside as we walked through it and I saw a huge open space.

Lauren let go of me and went to the side as she reached over a log and I heard a flick as I saw lights turn on around the trees in a circle.

"Wow...this is beautiful."

"Like you." I looked over to Lauren with a smile as I saw her smiling at me.

"How'd you find this place?" I walked around as I looked at it in awe.

"This, my Camz, is a place where they only use for the fourth of July when they do fireworks." Lauren said as she put down the plastic bag she had in her free hand.

Lauren sat on the log and opened the bag as she brought out one big bag.

"This is our first bag of fireworks."

"Are they all the same kind?" I asked curiously as she shook her head.

"Nope, we're starting off with the ones that go up in the sky." Lauren smiled.

"Is this even legal?!" I exclaimed as she looked at me dumbfounded.

"If it was illegal, I'd probably be in a more soundproof place than this."

"Okay, true. Does anyone else know about this place?" I asked as she shook her head.

"Only the people who actually do fireworks on July fourth and that's really it. Sometimes I just come here to relax, get weights off my chest."

I smiled at her as she smiled back.

"Come on over here, Camz." Lauren said as she ripped the first bag open.

I walked over to her as I sat down by her and she handed me a firework.

I stared at it as she grabbed a lighter. "You alright there?" Lauren laughed as I gave her a lopsided smile.

"I haven't really actually done these kind of fireworks."

"Holy shit, what have you been doing with your life? This is like the edge of adrenaline other than roller coasters or heights." Lauren said as she grabbed a firework and got up.

Lauren stood in the middle as she positioned the firework in her hand. She looked over to me as she nudged me to come over to her. I stood to the right of her, a couple feet away, as I saw her smile at me and flick the lighter as a flame rose.

"Ready?" Lauren grinned as I nodded. 

Lauren bent down to the bottom as she put the firework in a holding place as she then lit the bottom of the firework. Lauren backed away as she went by me and put an arm around my neck.