Chapter 11

Steve

"So, Eiffel Tower today?" I ask as I sit down at the table. Or actually, the tables, because we shove all tables together so we could sit together with the whole clique. And with 'the whole clique' I mean Bucky, Sam, Thor, Tony, Bruce, Clint, Natasha, Wanda, Pietro and me. Pepper would usually include that too, but she's been a little out of it lately. Right now she's still upstairs, while the rest of us is laughing, chattering and eating real French croissants.

"Yes fun, I've always wanted to be 300 meters up in the sky!" Bucky exclaims while buttering his croissant.

I raise one eyebrow at him and smirk a little, "I thought you were afraid of heights?"

Before he can react to me, a laughing Sam almost drops his croissant screaming in Bucky's face, "Omg, you're afraid of heights?!"

Bucky's eyes widen a little, "No. Steve's just kidding."

I give him a very meaningful look, "Say that when you're up there."

He makes a face at me, knowing we both know he's terrified of heights.

But to ease it down for him, he decides to change the subject, "And can I now ask you why you were high last night? I don't recall that was on your bucketlist?"

Sam snorts, "Rather on his I-will-never-do-this-in-my-life-cause-I'm-such-a-good-boy-list,"

"You have that?" Tony decides to interfere with a resting smirk plastered on his face.

Bucky laughs, "Oh believe me, he does."

"I didn't even smoke weed!" I exclaim. It's a true fact.. but what the others are saying is also true.. I mean, not about the list, obviously, but about that I never planned on getting high even once in my life.

"No, you ate weed. It's practically the same." Tony says, "But, the real question is; did you enjoy it?" He looks at me like a cat who just caught their mouse.

And I feel like the mouse in his trap. "I'm not answering that. I shouldn't have done it. End conversation."

"Not answering is a yes!" Sam exclaims while he nudges Bucky, "Did you ever think he would go this low?"

As Bucky chuckles, I groan in agony, "Guys, stop it already. It's bad enough that I did it, and I'm not ever doing anything like that again in my life." 

"You just got to live your life, Steve!" Tony yells dramatically before whisperig in my ear, "Second round tonight?"

I can feel my cheeks redden a little against my will while I look at him in disbelieve.

He smirks again. Does he ever stop smirking?

"Woahwoahwoah, hold on. What kind of kinky shit did he just whisper in your ear?" Bucky narrows his eyes at my red face.

This makes my face only grow redder and I look down at my plate in an attempt to hide my embarrassment. Tony just sort of bursts in laughter, "Nonono, I'm taken. Don't do the playboy stuff anymore."

There are a few interesting sides to that comment.. For one, I know he and Pepper haven't been doing that well recently. Secondly, he doesn't deny that he could.. Like, you know. Do playboy stuff with a man? Whatever that means..

And of course the whole playboy thing. It's true, though, I think the whole school knows he was a playboy before Pepper came around. What makes me wonder, is he fully out of it? I mean, what's the real reason their relationship isn't sailing as it should?

~~~

The Eiffel Tower was astonishing. We went all the way to the top with the elevator and admired the view while some guide told us more about how it was build.